Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I have a commentary video I did with another goon that I would really not be comfortable uploading and sharing if it wasn't for the last bit, but our reactions in the commentary while we were watching it made the whole thing worth it and I'd really like to keep the audio, but not video.

So, I was wondering if there was a way I could edit the video so the last bit of the video we watched was cut, but the commentary we did over it remained. What would I need to do that? Could that be done in MeGUI or would I need another program?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I'm having a weird error message with MeGUI. It's saying AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc H264.

Anyone have any idea on what might be going on? The only change I've recently made that I can even remotely think was relevant is installing the Combined Community Codec Pack to play some video files I was having a lot of trouble with.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I'm trying to get Sharex to work with LPix, but I keep running into one problem or another. Right now, the main issue is

The typical error message is "URL is empty"

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

nielsm posted:

Seems correct, assuming the password is filled in.
When you test an image upload and it fails, what does "Show last response" give you?

Yeah, the password is filled in, I just blanked it out for obvious reasons. This is the response error I got.

{
"err": "err2"
}

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Tried logging out and logging back in. The password is fine on SA, but not ShareX. Still getting the same error. Never had these kind of problems with Rightload.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

nielsm posted:

Your LPix password, right? Not your SA forums password.

Oh, I didn't even think of that.

Turns out that was the problem. Thanks a lot.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I'm running into a strange problem with MeGUI. Whenever I load a script with ffmpegsource2, the script will load fine with the video's audio and video, but whenever I want to AutoEncode whatever script I'm working with, it'll work fine for a few seconds but then get stuck on a really high percentage complete (like 99.62% done) while constantly saying "Encoding audio" but nothing happens after that.

The actual script I'm working with is LoadPlugin("C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\LP\MeGUI\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")

FFmpegsource2("C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\My Great Game - My Great Capture - 2020-08-21 17-16-47.mp4", atrack=-1).

If it's just the video it'll process fine but there's some issue with the audio that MeGUI can't deal with. I've downloaded the latest version of MeGUI so I know it's not the problem, it must be something else. And yes, the videos themselves are fine, audio and video was recorded straight from the game and there are no issues with the source material.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Nidoking posted:

Have you tried opening the script in, say, VirtualDub, saving the audio as a Wav, and using that as the audio track (either directly in MeGUI, or in the script)?

Couldn't get anything to work around the problem of it never being able to mux together audio and video, so I gave up on ffmpegsource2. Luckily there's a DirectShowSource plugin available, used that and a DirectShowSource script and the Haali Media Splitter to finally be able to get my .mp4 files the audio and video they so need. Quite a battle with MeGUI this time but it's over.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
So I've recently switched a computers for unrelated issues, and when I try to mux videos with MeGUI, this is the result, where the background audio is horrific and the spoken dialogue sounds like chipmunks from Hell. I've checked the source video many times, and it's perfectly fine, so whatever the issue is, it's coming from MeGUI's end. I don't even know enough to say what the issue could possibly be, since the script I'm running isn't any more complicated than the one I always used on my last machine. I suspect the issue is as simple as some setting that's enabled that shouldn't be, or something that needs to be enabled for that not to happen, but I am completely in the dark here. I also just noticed that the spoken dialogue is completely out of sync with the video, but I'm guessing these are related issues. This is what a typical cutting script looks like on my current machine.

LoadPlugin("C:/Users/-/OneDrive/Desktop\LP\MeGUI\tools\avs\plugins\DirectShowSource.dll")

DirectShowSource("C:/Users/-/OneDrive/Desktop/My Great Game - My Great Capture1.mp4")

__film = last
__t0 = __film.trim(158646, 160021)
__t0

ConvertBits(8)
ConvertToYV12()

Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

nielsm posted:

If you use DirectShowSource you're under the mercy of whatever codecs you have installed for DirectShow, and those might not even be compatible with the old code in DSS.
If you can I would really recommend you change to use FFMpegSource instead
It's a somewhat different workflow, but in general much more stable.

Alternatively, your best bet is probably to install FFDShow for DSS to use.

Still don't know why DirectShow broke on this computer but not the previous one, but either way, this worked, and now I can mux watchable videos again. Thanks so much.