Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Sundowner posted:

What options are available for PSP capture? I assume the path of least resistance is probably buying a later PSP model and using video out? I have a PSP-1001 which doesn't have native video support and I'm not necessarily in a position to buy another one right now.

Do you have custom firmware? You can then use RemoteJoy to output to your PC and record that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Quick question to everyone but how well is YouTube working right now? YouTube Enhancer for Greasemonkey is absolutely refusing to play any videos right now so something must have happened there. I turned it off and the videos play fine a bit then the video freezes while the audio plays normally. Trying to skip to anything buffered just locks it up.

e. Seems to be a problem with watching videos as part of a playlist.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 13, 2013

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

If you stream with an Elgato Capture Card can you still have guest commentary on Skype or do you have to use something like OBS or Xsplit on the "playback" window on your PC for it to get system audio?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Suspicious Dish posted:

It is a valid match, yes.

What exactly is it being blocked for?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Is it just impossible to upload anything anymore without getting dinged? And I mean in the harsher way, with "blocked in every other country."

I also love when my friend tells me he's browsing on his mobile, on Youtube, he lives in America, and he constantly gets messages of how this or that video is blocked in his country.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

What is the best way to record from an emulator, in this case ePSXe? My hard drive is pretty low on space so using Fraps would be an exercise and it will occasionally make the game hitch too much for me to think the recording is going well. Is fraps the only good method and I'm SOL?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Speaking of Premiere, is there that big of a functional difference between the CC and CS6?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Download YouTube Enhancer 2.0, it adds an audio and video download function and Youtube Enhancer is also Good.

Alternatively, you can try "Download Flash & Video" but I think YouTube/Google have that blocked, in a way that it only ever downloads 0 kb loving files. it's not blocked.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 11, 2015

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

e. I need to read the fine print.

If you're using the PVR, just record as MP4 at the highest bit rate. I wouldn't mess with the other options for efficiency's sake.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 24, 2015

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

NOLF 2 on the other hand is a bitch to run on modern systems in my experience. I only played it once then the game would never run again for some reason.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Don't use Vegas to render. Get DebugMode Frameserver and use MeGui to encode.

The workflow I follow is

1. Edit in Vegas
2. Render out wav audio
3. Start Frameserving
4. In Megui, create Avisynth Script (CTRL-R)
5. Find signpost video file.
6. Encode both
7. CTRL-5 Mux audio & Video

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Doc Morbid posted:

edit: Okay yeah this is better, I encoded at a lower bitrate in MeGUI and it still looks nicer than what Vegas gave me (which looked fine for the most part, but some of the darker areas would get really pixelated).

In the x264 Configuration on video encoding, go for Targeting Quality. For 720p I would use Quality at 23.0-25.5 depending on how good looking you need it. You can even go higher to 20 even if you don't mind file sizes. It's important of course to figure out those demands for your setup. The preset should be Fast, Medium, or Slow. These make very little difference in the final encoding, in my experience, and I would ignore "tuning." For my Omega Strain videos, because they're at 1080p, I use Fraps to record and encode at the 28.0 Quality + Fast preset and they still turn out very good and with great file sizes. A 40 minute video turns out to be, minus audio, 500mb or less. But, eh, it all depends on how intensive things get. You can get away with lower qualities the higher your resolution, much the same way you can just start turning anti-aliasing off on higher resolutions and notice nothing :)

Can we get some details on your project because dark areas usually get really screwed up, in my experience at least, from console to PC recordings. If you're rendering straight from raw lossless files you shouldn't see it become pixelly and messy.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 2, 2016

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Are you editing audio from Audacity with Vegas actively open? The only time I do that is to do on the spot noise removal and I do all audio editing with Vegas, is there anything else you do with it? I doubt your project settings have changed and because those are commentary tracks the video itself shouldn't be messing with them nor should Vegas without specific instruction.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Firefox Plugins:

DownloadHelper
Youtube Enhancer
Flashgot

There's many ways!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Genocyber posted:

Question about using Debugmode FrameServer to encode videos edited with Sony Vegas with MeGUI. Is it supposed to take an ungodly long time? The estimated time is an hour and counting and nowhere have I seen it be mentioned that it takes ages for that step (this is before encoding with MeGUI, btw).

Is this your first time using the Frameserver?

Order of operations (windows are all shown for reference)

Sony Vegas, select part/entire timeline to render > Render As > DebugMode FrameServer > Name file whatever you want

MeGui, open and press CTRL-R > AviSynth script creator, Find file just named > Save save > check output name, queue

The window that Vegas opens up while signposting isn't important.