Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
What options are available for PSP capture? I assume the path of least resistance is probably buying a later PSP model and using video out? I have a PSP-1001 which doesn't have native video support and I'm not necessarily in a position to buy another one right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
I've heard this RemoteJoy thing mentioned a couple of times now. Is the video footage poo poo? (As in, considerably worse than recording video out from a later model PSP?)

I could install a custom firmware and try the USB out but I somehow feel like the quality would be (understandably) terrible.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Yeah I'm convinced now. Ragny actually showed me some of his footage which is seriously impressive.

CFW here I come.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
I'll probably buy a PSP with video out sooner or later. Especially if this proves to be problematic with more intensive games.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Well, the odds of me using this strictly for LP is low so I may still opt for a video out model just to be safe. My main interest for PSP capture is for review-y stuff elsewhere but there's definitely a PSP game on my mind for an LP, which is a really simple game both in gameplay and graphics. Still, I'd rather not chance bricking my first PSP, though the quality output of RJL is seriously impressive.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Sounds good, then. The fate of my PSP lies in your hands! I have noticed I have to start RJL after launching a game on the PSP. A meager inconvenience. I'll need to test more intensive games and look at the overclocking features of the CFW. I feel like that, more than anything, is where possible technical issues may lie. Overclocking it couldn't be the healthiest thing for hardware that's probably already pushing it.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Elgato HD or bust. It's just great and can record far more than just your PS3, should you ever feel like recording your dang SNES or something.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
I guess this falls kinda within side-wide SA technical things but seeing as it directly pertains to a thread in LP... is it possible to edit my posts in an archived thread? I finally want to get around to tidying up the posts in my BioShock Infinite LP so I can get it archived (just a year late, ya know) or will I have to provide details of what I want cut out of the inevitable LPA post?

I guess I'll tack this on as well... I know the Live Gamer HD is recommended in the OP but is the cheapo portable USB version of it decent? Thinking of snagging one because they're only £60 now (dang I remember having to pay £150 for a decent HD capture card) cause I'm toying with doing a new LP sometime soon as well as maybe streaming (console games of course, I can record PC games just fine as-is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Mega64 posted:

You can't edit posts in archived threads. One workaround you could do is post your adjusted posts in the test poster and tell baldurk to use those in the LP Archive over the originals.

Eh, seems like it's six and half a dozen. One way requires me to specify any bullshit to cut out of a given post and the other requires recreating the post. I was just going to tweak my main posts by removing superfluous text/comments, not make any huge changes. Then again, recreating the posts might make it easier for archiving purposes.