Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

So, when getting screenshots, I go through footage with VLC.

Except every now and then, the footage hitches and glitches out a bit. Compare this:

To this:

If I rewind the footage by a few second it clears up, but I'm wondering if there's a way to stop it in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Does anyone know of any good translators that takes commissions? Command Mission has a bunch of concept art with notes, and I want to get them all translated.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

nielsm posted:

You should probably specify whether you mean French, Japanese, Sanskrit, or something else.

Whoops! Japanese -> English, sorry.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Vizuyos posted:

At least some of it has been translated already, though I can't for the life of me find out the actual source for it.

https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Mega_Man_X:_Command_Mission/Gallery#Concept_Art

So I did some digging, and it turns out the translated art on the wiki comes from the Mega Man X: Official Complete Works artbook.

Of course, a lot of the art in-game isn't in the art book, which puts me back at square one. :v:

Oh well, maybe I'll make one more update covering it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Just keep in mind that this won't work if you want your LP archived, as it only takes JPG, PNG, GIF, WEBP, and MP3 files.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Commander Keene posted:

Are animated .webp's an option? Most browsers can display them and IIRC they're supposed to be both better image quality and compression than a gif, and shouldn't trigger the forums' bugs with embeds?

Yeah .webps are hella size efficient.

(spoilered for a future boss in my LP)

The gif is around 5MB. Converting it to a webp in GIMP and setting quality to 65 dropped it down to 1.8MB. It takes a small visual hit, but being able to fit in lpix's limit makes up for it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

PurpleXVI posted:

Wait, lpix can do webp's? Goddammit. Goddammit, this could've saved me so much sweat and blood fiddling with super-crusty .gifs and trimming frames to slip in just under 2mb.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

theshim posted:

2) Extract screenshots from the video files

5) Actually write the update and insert all the screenshots

I actually do these steps in tandem, marking images as [update-#] as I go and using an auto-replacer to plug in the actual image links once I'm done.

Like this. The only real thing you need to keep an eye on is making sure you don't accidentally typo the wrong number and completely throw off the image ordering when you run the replacer.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

When I do accompanying videos I literally just throw the raw file into Da Vinci Resolve, trim the start/end and throw in a fade, then quick export it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

CommissarMega posted:

Any recommendations for a free video editor? I want to record and edit some audio via Audacity and some game footage via OBS, but apparently OBS doesn't come with an 'add audio' function, and I was wondering if there were any tools that might have come out since the OP post update in '21.

I've been using DaVinci Resolve, but I don't tend to do much beyond clipping out what I don't need and slapping a fade in/out on the ends so I don't know how easy it is for more detailed work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

The OP still warns people away from loving Viddler and Blip.tv.