Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
all the ancient software whose websites are barely operating are still officially dead and unofficially undead with a third-party fork of most of the projects

for avspmod, it's this: https://github.com/gispos/AvsPmod/releases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
there's vtube studio if you can create a compatible character model without any crazy rigging

https://twitter.com/vtubestudio/status/1466608817181921282
https://twitter.com/SoyaPoya/status/1417217231029784578

that way you'd basically have a character api. and the community is huge with official discords and lots of fun third-party plugins

in theory you can make something yourself, but 99% of projects like these end up melting when you reach a fairly small number of people mashing the triggers. even the second example above has some queuing issues

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
gifs have some very unintuitive limitations for framerates, too: you can basically only use 10, 20, 25 and 50p

it's just a mess

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
it shows 60fps in youtube which i think means it doesn't drop enough frames to register at variable bitrate. you could try transcoding it at a forced 60fps to see if it fixes the desync. at least tht would suggest frame drops being the cause of the desync, even though desync from dropped frames is more of a gradual, compounding problem

there's always the joy of software such as windows resetting an audio setting somewhere. default device, sample rate, etc

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
i like avisynth alright, but lining audio up with video is where i miss the non-linear editing interfaces

i'm always paranoid about using the right settings, but if a nle with an interface as inviting as ableton and a sane pricing system came out, i'd probably jump on it

too much software feels like the first time you load up blender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
check the video for dropped frames. there can also sometimes be differences between mp4 (janky) and mkv (fine) for reasons i'm not entirely sure about

manually forcing the framerate to eg 30 or 60 in the editor should fix the desync. you should always do this, regardless of whether you have "desync", because there will always be some dropped frames in your recording, but usually not enough for the desync to be noticable

use whichever preview feature your software has to see if the forced framerate fixes it