Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hey

I'm thinking of doing a VLP of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. Focusing only on the main plot and other bits of interest so that you dont have hours of footage on fetch quests.

What I was thinking would be cool is if the battles were seamless (as in no pausing). I COULD just edit out all the pauses (or play without pausing, but gently caress that...) however that would take hours of editing time.

Is there a way to set it up in FRAPS\Camtasia\Whatever so that when I press Space, the video recording pauses, then when I press space, it resumes? That way the recording will kinda edit out all the pauses for me, the battles will flow nicely and it'll hopefully look cool as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wrong thread. Freaking sandcastle is thataway...

H13 fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 12, 2015

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hey all.

I'm thinking of doing a Sacrifice Video LP. I did a screenshot LP in the past, but the game really deserves a video LP for all the voice acting. Plus the battles can be ridiculously cool.

I'm trying to use DXtory to capture in-game footage, but the moment the game has finished loading, it crashes to the desktop. If you try to Alt-Tab in this game it crashes to the desktop. Any ideas?

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Have you tried recording with OBS? Might help :shrug:

That worked. Quality isn't great though. Is there a OBS guide somewhere so I can figure out how to tweak the settings?

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Wayne posted:

OBS has built-in help, and you can also see it here. OBS isn't that complicated, it's just pretty intimidating at the start and doesn't explain itself well. If you haven't used this kind of software before, you might look for one on YouTube; there's a surprisingly large and helpful community of people who record their desktops while they walk people through stuff.

I'm guessing by "quality" you mean it looks a little washed out and blocky? If so, the bitrate is probably too low for the resolution you're recording at. I think the default is 3500 because that's Twitch's max, and if so go to Settings > Encoding and change it. YouTube's bitrate guideline is here. I would then go to Broadcast Settings and change the .flv in the filename to .mp4, it doesn't make much difference locally but a lot more things accept mp4 than Flash videos.

Champion. I'll look into all of those. Thanks for your help :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hey!

I spent all day yesterday trying to upload a video to YouTube. A couple of times it'd get close, then all of a sudden, it'd stop and tell me that there were something like 5000 minutes before it'd be ready.

Is that a problem at my end or was Youtube just being shite?

Is there a way to make Youtube less shite?

Cheers!