Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
I made a for dummies video about how to get your videos to encode on youtube in 1080p a while back. If you know little to nothing about encoding videos it may be useful.

Basically as far as I can tell, if the pixel height of the video is >1080 it will encode to 1080, or >720 then it will encode to 720. And it's good to be as close to those exact sizes as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Just from personal experience, I've found Hypercam 2 to be better than Camtasia. Make sure you're using the Logarith Lossless Codec, and are recording at 30 frames per second... I decided it'd be easier to just post pictures of what the tabs look like.

I'm not a tech support master but these settings work for me (having that "make this rectangle blink" box checked is important!).

Something that may be happening is that you're trying to record too big of a window and your computer can't deal with it well. If that's the case you may want to look into OBS (Open Broadcast Software). Or just make the window smaller. (just speaking from personal experience here)

psymonkey fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 12, 2013

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

In my experience, no matter how expensive the headset, the mic will sound like rear end. My best experience with mics so far has actually been with my Logitech webcam. In my opinion it sounds at least as good as anything else I've ever heard after whatever kind of compression a video goes through to get on the internet.

psymonkey fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 26, 2013

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

Hey guys. I could use your help with gooncam. I'm trying to record something that happened in a Dota match, but the window keeps recording a part of itself - as though the 'camera' is pointed a bit up and to the left.

Do you guys have any idea how to fix that? Nothing in the settings is relevant.

idk what gooncam is, but try using OBS instead. I use it when I record LoL and it's pretty pain free.