Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

why are so many legal blogs loving terrible

Don't you mean "blawgs" :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

The dissent in brumfield is disturbing. The murdered cop's oldest son is former nfl player warrick Dunn. Thomas spends pages pointing out that dunn too was born into poverty, and he didn't murder anyone. It's disgusting.

I was just going to post this exact thing. What a terrible dissent.

I found it heartening that no one joined Thomas in part C, where he talks at length about the virtues of the victim's living son like you pointed out. But that optimism left when I realized that the 3 joined part D, where Thomas bemoans an intellectually disabled man's 20 year "ceaseless" campaign of review proceedings.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Where's the drat IAC claim in all this?

Apparently any IAC was harmless :shrek:

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Squizzle posted:

Let's not overlook the impact of today's Johnson decision, which means not only can you have gay weddings, you can have sawed-off shotgun gay weddings.

But Johnson does nothing to change the laws prohibiting sawed off shotguns (unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your opinion on that). The case deals with whether that prior conviction counts as a violent felony for ACCA purposes.

So...still something to fight for.