Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Ignorance of the law is no defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Ogmius815 posted:

So like, what actually is the deal with SPAM? SPAM is bad. It is low quality meat that tastes terrible in comparison even to inexpensive fresh meat (I know of what I speak, i grew up eating plenty of USDA select and never had prime anything outside of a restaurant until I was an adult). But some people claim to love it and is widely consumed by people who can definitely afford something better. Does it grow on you?

Why do people question what food you eat? Why do you even care. Eat your own food.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Once again I am begging for a POTUS, who isn't some right wing fascist, to tell the SCOTUS to gently caress off and to bring people like Abbott to heel instead of kicking the can down the road until we're a theocracy run by Talibangelicals.

You just want a little tyranny

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yes wanting people to stop bending over backwards for fascists and actually punish them when they abuse their authority is tyranny, thank you for your deep take.

The SCOTUS conservatives may be many (mostly bad) things, but "stop creating busywork for us you assholes" is not a surprising stance for someone to take and it'll be interesting to see if the 5th keeps doing this and if so, if/when the SCOTUS will finally have to give a ruling that administrative stays in X or Y situation are to be treated as stays pending appeal from now on.

It's ok for POTUS to ignore SCOTUS when you don't like what SCOTUS says. Gotcha. You sound like a FREEPer.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

With the SCOTUS agreeing to take up the abortion pill case I wonder how much of it is Roberts screaming at the conservatives to rule mostly/entirely in favor of the FDA unless they want to ensure Dem turnout jumps in November like it did when they issued the Dobbs ruling. Because ruling in favor of the fundie doctor group bringing this lawsuit rips away any remaining weak argument of "we totally aren't trying to outlaw abortion nationwide" the GOP has tried to make.

Granted, the fact they're even agreeing to hear the case in the first place and not immediately throwing it out for lack of standing just underscores how nakedly political the SCOTUS majority is at this point. Even the initial ruling from the GOP's go-to rubberstamp judge in Texas had to be pulled back a bit by the appeals court because it was too overboard even for fellow 5th circuit right wingers.

Not to waste more time on a threadshitter like you but you should at least pretend to read a reply before throwing out some half-assed response.

POTUS can't ignore SCOTUS just because you are a whiny baby.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)