Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
SCOTUS granted cert and will review the Federal Circuit's CLS case relating to patent subject matter eligibility. Very exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

VitalSigns posted:

I don't really see how overturning Roe would hurt the GOP or reinvigorate the Democrats. Let's look at the groups with a stake in this

Blue state liberals: will be offended at how rude it is, but they won't be affected personally and it will just be another reason to mock all the stupid troglodytes who just need to move out of Mississippi already, like they do for PPACA and like they will do for the pre-k program since Democrats are designing it on purpose to be rejected by red states. Will probably stop caring after 5 minutes just like when RBG was replaced with a handmaid blessed by Dianne Feinstein

Affluent red state liberals: will be slightly personally affected but it's not a big deal for them to take a long weekend and get it done in a blue state, maybe see a Broadway play the next day or whatever

Poor red state whites: already used to Democrats telling them to get hosed unless they learn to code and move to California, unlikely to go back to the Democratic party that now has one more reason to sneer at them. Also no point, Democrats have a trifecta at the federal level and refuse to pass a Roe v Wade law so voting for them is clearly pointless even if you do want abortion rights

Poor red state PoC: "We don't have to protect their abortion rights, what are they gonna do, vote Republican? :smug:"
I am wondering if republican state legislative overreach in fairly purple states could push some people democrat's way in national elections. Maybe? Like a Wisconsin or Michigan or something like that.