Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Crows Turn Off posted:

SCOTUS doesn't... so why should we?

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

No. This Supreme Court has made multiple awful rulings utterly free from typical measured restraint taking into consideration constraints on "settled law," "standing," and "actual harm." They, like other Republican politicians, no longer deserve to receive the benefit of the doubt.

I actually am going to ask that folks cool down on the "It's all calvinball" peanut gallery posting. This thread provokes a lot of seemingly earnest and, at least in my opinion, really engaging questions and I don't think it's interesting for a question like "how does the majority justify their ruling" to get peppered with answers like "lol, doesn't matter."

I'm not asking anyone to pretend that the SC isn't highly partisan, but I don't think "the supreme court is captured, op" is going to blow the mind of anyone who posts in D&D so it probably doesn't need to be the entire content of multiple posts every page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

Ah so we are moderating positions

Nope, just whether a post is adding to the discussion, which I generally try to enforce pretty loosely, since this is a discussion forum and not a thesis defense, but zero content replies to earnest questions seem to hit this thread hard after major decisions.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

If you want to discuss voting and its effectiveness, take it to the electoral politics thread.