Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

evilweasel posted:

Then he'll get ignored until Trump can nominate a replacement.

Or the Senate rushes to confirm him with all of the Democrats and enough of the not-in-Trump's-camp Republicans, which should be enough to break a filibuster, to block a Trump nomination.

I agree he's not at all an ideal pick, though, given that my money's still on Clinton to take the general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

mcmagic posted:

McConnell just said no vote, again.

Of course he did. He's Mitch McConnell.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ulmont posted:

:siren: Opinions! :siren:

EPIC SYSTEMS CORP. v. LEWIS

Boy was this one fun to get a company-wide email about this morning.

This is also the day of Epic's monthly staff meeting so it was also definitely very fun to watch our CEO talk for like a loving hour and not bring it up once.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

jit bull transpile posted:

Jacob Lewis was my mentee at epic and I taught him to hate the place. When he first told me he was suing it was Obama Era and I was so hopeful. gently caress Gorsuch for snatching away our vengeance.

gently caress :negative:

I don't remember if I ever met Jacob. He left when I was still pretty new. Were you still around when all the writers got an email about saving detailed records of our work for evidence for the lawsuit?

I'm still angry at the bare minimum attempt at communication about this to current employees. I'm guessing most people here are just going to see the email and move on, which is probably the point, but I bet a lot of tech comm TLs are going to have to field questions they don't have anything approaching an answer for, which sucks.