Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Evil Fluffy posted:

If Trump doesn't burn down the country over the next 4-8 years he's all but guaranteed to leave office with a net worth greater than even his highest previous claims.

I hope he's so unpopular that the next president campaigns with a "lock him up" plank and actually follows through with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

It'd be nice for the Democrats to at least try, though.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Hopefully someone more reputable will try and get in touch with the dude they got the yearbook photos from.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Ron Jeremy posted:

In one fell swoop, all federal attorneys are replaced by the liberty university law school class of 2016.

Staffing the DOJ full of inexperienced liberty university grads seems like it'd be a good thing for everyone that isn't in the administration.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

A dem lost a special election in a trump 30+ district by like 5 points last week, 2018 is definitely on the table.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

hobbesmaster posted:

Yes well known political moderate Mike Pence will not just find a bunch of Alito clones.

lmao if you think Mike Pence is getting anything done in a world where Trump is successfully impeached. he'll be the lamest duck to ever duck

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

DeusExMachinima posted:

In what loving universe would a Republican controlled Congress get a supermajority to impeach Trump?

The universe where Trump got elected president in the first place?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Discendo Vox posted:

The wapo article comparing him to, quote, a "front row law student" is dead on. Eurgh. It's like Scalia without even the underlying oily deviousness.

Do you have a link to this?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Fuschia tude posted:

What does this mean? Even if people don't like it, SCOTUS rulings still have rule of law.

If only their were an example in history of one of the political branches ignoring a Supreme Court ruling

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

The line of succession after VP is set by Congress. So they could always change it but obviously they wouldn't.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Imo there's no way the GOP impeaches Trump without a huge split in the party. A huge portion of the base simply won't tolerate it.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Rygar201 posted:

Not every GOP rep is from an R +10 district. Plenty of the guys in districts Clinton won are already getting nervous. It's not a foregone conclusion, but I certainly wouldn't table it either

I know that. That doesn't mean it wouldn't piss off a substantial subset of the party.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Deteriorata posted:

Primary and secondary schools have a lot more power to control what happens because it's a closed campus with a set schedule and the students are minors. Courts usually rule in favor of the least restriction as is practical.

Given the amount of crazy poo poo happening on college campuses on a daily basis, there's not really a line to be drawn.

uh what college did you go to where it’s hard to draw a line between posters literally telling lgbt students to kill themselves and the normal goings on of a college campus?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Double Punctuation posted:

I really hope the Apple thing goes somewhere. Among other things, they have been using their monopoly to attempt to force everyone on the Internet to use H.264/H.265, because they get paid when people use them.
Apple is literally part of the group of companies pushing for the royalty-free AV1 to replace HEVC

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Glad to see my state eating poo poo in that copyright case.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

hobbesmaster posted:

Its literally the job of a judge so like thats the answer you'd expect for them to be qualified?

if that’s the expected answer of a judge we should just throw the entire profession in the garbage

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

mandatory lesbian posted:

Dont worry, america probably wont last that long

Inshallah

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

I guess I’m probably not allowed to post what I think the response to this decision should be.

susan b buffering fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 11, 2021

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Sanguinia posted:

The idea of someone losing a chance to be a SCOTUS clerk because of their dad being a high profile name and the appearance of impropriety that creates sucks, but then you need to think about the probability she only got the job in the first place because of her dad. Hereditary nepotism is bad, but its still a bummer when someone loses something through no fault of their own. :smith:

She’ll be fine.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Discendo Vox posted:

Yes. A number of them do. Your participation determines the degree to which they wind up exercising, or expanding, influence in public decisionmaking.

oops we made a decision our state government doesn't like and they made that illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Ogmius815 posted:

If you’re unhappy either the quality of Supreme Court justices nominated between 2017 and 2021 I hope you voted for Clinton. Otherwise, you have yourself to blame.

Clinton ran a poo poo campaign. That's nobody's fault but her own.