Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

VitalSigns posted:

10th. Everything I know about it is:

:argh: Stultus Maximus!!!!

Nicked from Wikipedia, here're the population stats for each circuit:

code:
 Circuit	Judges	% Pop.	Pop/Judge
D.C. Circuit	11	0.19	54,702
1st circuit	6	4.47	2,328,469
2nd Circuit	13	7.54	1,813,688
3rd Circuit	14	7.19	1,607,044
4th Circuit	15	9.52	1,985,894
5th Circuit	17	10.44	1,920,366
6th Circuit	16	10.26	2,006,601
7th Circuit	11	7.99	2,272,856
8th Circuit	11	6.58	1,869,840
9th Circuit	29	19.74	2,129,066
10th Circuit	12	5.44	1,418,363
11th Circuit	12	10.64	2,772,392

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

Another ruling on the NSA's activities came down today in New York, and takes a complete opposite stance to the one given in Washington last week. Is this as sure to be accepted by SCOTUS as the media's making it out to be? If it is, when will the ruling probably be?

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

If the new justice turns out to be moderate/liberal, which issues are likely to be revisited in short order? Is midazolam likely to get another decision?

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

Gyges posted:

For Republicans betting on a Trump replacement is still a better bet than betting on an Obama replacement by a mile.

I think it's more that Trump is going to be the nominee and Trump is guaranteed to lose horribly to Clinton. He might even take some senate seats with him.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

Skrewtape posted:

What I don't understand is why we have to have these tortured justifications and equally tortured refutations instead of just asking some doctors if the requirements are medically justified. There's got to be a medical consensus on the kind of clinical support required for a safe abortion.

You start out in 1954 by saying, "friend of the family, friend of the family, friend of the family." By 1968, you can't say "friend of the family" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "friend of the family, friend of the family."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

One of my favourite pop facts is that "evidence based medicine" is a subfield of medicine, and it was established in the late 1980s. Not to say the rest of medicine is entirely without evidence, but to quote a friend it usually seems more 'evidence-inspired' than evidence based.