Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I got this game a few days ago and started playing today. I was really impressed, tried two Conquest matches and crashed out of both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
You could add a link to Kontrol Freeks. I got some based on the BF3 thread and use them all the time now.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Oh you should mention that you can't edit your loadout unless you're already in a game, or through the Battlelog site or app. because :dice: is moronic like that.

Protip: you can open Battlepacks without leaving the session, through Battlelog on your browser .

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Snackpack Backpack posted:

You could add a link to Kontrol Freeks. I got some based on the BF3 thread and use them all the time now.

Good point. I pre-ordered Xbone ones like a long time ago and never heard back about them. I should follow up on those. But if they're real then I'll add a link to them to the OP. We had one last time.

yellowcar posted:

Oh you should mention that you can't edit your loadout unless you're already in a game, or through the Battlelog site or app. because :dice: is moronic like that.

Protip: you can open Battlepacks without leaving the session, through Battlelog on your browser .

Yeah, good point. I'll add that too.

Oh by the way, now that we're on page two, the post count leaderboard is back in action. Post counts now include posts in both this and Grey Fox's PC thread, but the hyperlinks will go to the thread that is yours based on platform. Does that make sense?

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

yellowcar posted:

Or just hit start (or whatever they're calling it now) and go to Battlepacks. You can't equip a boost until the map changes for whatever reason but you can open things in the interface.

Maybe stick a note in the OP about second screen? It's kind of neat having the full map open at once but feels more like a gimmick or something that'll get me killed because I'm watching an RTS unfold than actually looking at the TV.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

Just want to share this with you guys. I was so happy to have the "Xbox, record that" feature!

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.
Ugh. Commander mode for iPad does not work on plane wifi :(.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Beelzebozo posted:

Good point. I pre-ordered Xbone ones like a long time ago and never heard back about them. I should follow up on those. But if they're real then I'll add a link to them to the OP. We had one last time.

My PS3 ones work just fine on PS4, is the Bone controller that much different?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Beez. OP. Now.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Robot Randy posted:

Beez. OP. Now.
This cannot be legit. It's too funny to be real. I refuse to believe I live in a world where this can be a thing.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

DiverTwig posted:

Holy poo poo! I'm top of the PS4 leaderboard in something! It's just support per minute, but damnit, I've always said I'm not the best at shooting mans, but I'll follow you and repair your vehicle, or I'll throw you health and ammo loving constantly.

You're enabling like a dozen other mans to keep killing and blowing things up, they won't be doing poo poo if they die or run out of ammo. Support is my current favorite class because with a LMG you literally get points just for shooting at people because of supression. Plus it never gets old pausing halfway through spewing a storm of bullets, and killing the poo poo out of people who come around the corner thinking you're reloading. :unsmigghh:

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
Anyone had decent result with the flashbang ?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I think I'll have to dominate only one knife leaderboard. I still don't have the ACB-90 unlocked yet.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Seedge posted:

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I think I'll have to dominate only one knife leaderboard. I still don't have the ACB-90 unlocked yet.

That one comes from the veteran reward which, of course, is broken.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

RCarr posted:

I blew up a helicopter by jumping out of a pubbies, throwing C4, and detonating it, all while free falling.

This loving game.

Can you detonate c4 while free falling? You can't fire guns or anything else.

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Lazyfire posted:

It's good to know someone loves me.

By the by, everyone should endeavor to unlock the MTAR. I found Operation Locker Conquest Large is the best place because the game lasts forever and you get plenty of opportunity to get:
1 LMG kill
1 Assault Rifle Kill
1 Grenade kill
1 Sniper rifle kill

You get rewarded with a 30 round carbine that is just a really stable bullet hose that is quickly becoming my favorite all class weapon.

I think that's only out once China Rising is released in a day or 2 (for consoles that is). I am really looking forward to it though, I've been enjoying the PDWs a lot and it sounds like it has similar hipfire capabilities while being useable on other classes. How does its recoil stack up to the ACWR?.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Feenix posted:

Can you detonate c4 while free falling? You can't fire guns or anything else.

Really? Weren't there vids from BF3 of people jumping out of airplanes to shoot a rocket at an enemy plane then falling back to their own plane and flying away to safety?

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

the truth posted:

Really? Weren't there vids from BF3 of people jumping out of airplanes to shoot a rocket at an enemy plane then falling back to their own plane and flying away to safety?

You can fire your weapon until you actually start the free-fall animation. In that video the momentum of the jet made him fly upward, so it didn't start the animation until he started falling.

The Commander app finally started working on my tablet, and it is amazing. I wish more squad leaders actually issued orders though.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

They're probably never going to do it, but I wish they'd make a Windows 8 commander app. I just got an ASUS T100 tablet/netbook and won't be in the tablet market again any time soon.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Chekans 3 16 posted:

The Commander app finally started working on my tablet, and it is amazing. I wish more squad leaders actually issued orders though.

The depressing part is they give you a hilarious amount of points for issuing squad orders, and pubbies still don't loving do it.

e:

Donald Kimball posted:

Just want to share this with you guys. I was so happy to have the "Xbox, record that" feature!

Here is possibly the greatest possible outcome of that glitch.

deadwing fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 3, 2013

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
The commander app is actually pretty fun, I wish there was a more reliable way to play with your friend though - you can join a server but not swap teams.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

deadwing posted:

The depressing part is they give you a hilarious amount of points for issuing squad orders, and pubbies still don't loving do it.

How are you supposed to press buttons other than aim and shoot? You'd need like, extra fingers or something. This also explains why they don't spot or drop ammo/health.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I love TV missiles on boats so much. I can single-handedly lockdown all the vehicles on Paracel from my spawn. :krakken:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Snackpack Backpack posted:

How are you supposed to press buttons other than aim and shoot? You'd need like, extra fingers or something. This also explains why they don't spot or drop ammo/health.

Followed squad orders also pump the field upgrade bar up extremely fast. Attack/defend orders are so much more important in this game than they were in BC2/BF3. Always be placing squad orders. Always.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1395552474022109

Nothing crazy, just me catching a whole bunch of fools unawares.

(Sorry, not sure if there's a way to capture vids or gifs from Facebook in HD...)

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

Chekans 3 16 posted:

You can fire your weapon until you actually start the free-fall animation. In that video the momentum of the jet made him fly upward, so it didn't start the animation until he started falling.

Oh oh oh, this should be in the OP:

Q: If a commander issues a squad leader an order, and the squad leader issues an identical order to his squad, is that squad following the commander's order?

A: No, because :dice:

The squad leader has to actually accept the order by holding the com-rose button down and selecting 'Accept Order.' Simply setting his squad to attacking A when the commander wants him to attack A is not following orders.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

bringer posted:

Oh oh oh, this should be in the OP:

Q: If a commander issues a squad leader an order, and the squad leader issues an identical order to his squad, is that squad following the commander's order?

A: No, because :dice:

The squad leader has to actually accept the order by holding the com-rose button down and selecting 'Accept Order.' Simply setting his squad to attacking A when the commander wants him to attack A is not following orders.

Added.

deadwing posted:

Followed squad orders also pump the field upgrade bar up extremely fast. Attack/defend orders are so much more important in this game than they were in BC2/BF3. Always be placing squad orders. Always.

Added.

You know what, I'm'a stop making GBS threads up the initial pages of this thread with, "hurr, great idea; added" posts. If you contribute something to the OP that is worth a poo poo, just check back the next day and it'll be there.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Wait, the first DLC comes out tomorrow? I had no idea it was so soon.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

Depends on your platform. Premium boners already have Second Assault. Not sure if plebeian boners get it tomorrow while the upper class move onto China Rising.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

bringer posted:

Depends on your platform. Premium boners already have Second Assault. Not sure if plebeian boners get it tomorrow while the upper class move onto China Rising.

Joke's on us though as I've yet to see a single player in a single Second Assault server for any mode the whole time we've had it. I guess since there's only eighty of us with Xbones and BF4 and Premium we failed to reach critical mass.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

The Battlelog thing is really screwy tonight for PS4. It hasn't updated in about 3 hours, and for a while rank wasn't even displayed next to players names on the scoreboards. I'm not counting on keeping any of the exp I earned tonight.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

Beelzebozo posted:

Joke's on us though as I've yet to see a single player in a single Second Assault server for any mode the whole time we've had it. I guess since there's only eighty of us with Xbones and BF4 and Premium we failed to reach critical mass.

The server browser seems especially broken with Second Assault. I've found a few full servers for CTF, CQ Large, and Rush. 64 player conquest on Metro is as out of control as you'd think. I prefer Locker for the flanking opportunities, makes it easier to shotgun hordes of unsuspecting fools.

I don't think I like the DAO12 this time around, it takes so long to shovel shells back in compared to the 1014. I only recently unlocked the DBV and need to spend a bit more time with it to see if my 1014 will be replaced.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

Have you tried using the browser Battlelog server browser? I exclusively use it since it's way better than the console-based interface in terms of being able to find and filter games.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

deadwing posted:

Have you tried using the browser Battlelog server browser? I exclusively use it since it's way better than the console-based interface in terms of being able to find and filter games.

Yeah, I exclusively use my iPad for all Battlelogging functions: server browsing/joining, kit setting, commandering, etc.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants
Getting BF4 now for my XBone. I still have to figure out how I'm going to wear my Turtle Beach headphones with the headset. I guess I can just jam it under one of the ears.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

waah posted:

Thank god for a real OP. Unless they fixed it, you should probably mention how single player corrupts saves for the PS4 version.

Edit: also :wtc: on 6 xm25 smoke kills. How do you do this? I need to get kills with the smoke launcher.

Locker my man, Locker. Wait for a choke point, and just run in repeatedly and lob some fool in the head with it.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Beelzebozo posted:

Yeah, I exclusively use my iPad for all Battlelogging functions: server browsing/joining, kit setting, commandering, etc.

Can you use it for your minimap like they promised?

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

VincesUndies posted:

Getting BF4 now for my XBone. I still have to figure out how I'm going to wear my Turtle Beach headphones with the headset. I guess I can just jam it under one of the ears.

I guess that's one of the advantages the free ps4 headset has over the xbone headset, it's small enough to fit inside of a headphone and only be mildly annoying. I had to buy a new headset because my old turtle beaches were incompatible with my ps4. My new ones will have the MLG symbol on the side, so I know that I'll be at least 10 times better at BF4.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I'm totally in love with the airbust now :allears:

On Flood Zone, a bunch of lovely snipers kept getting onto the skyscrapers, so I kept airbursting them down. After about three waves of this, I got picked as HVT. They still kept going there to try and snipe me.

Edit: Aaaaaand, halfway into a ridiculously good round where I was going something like 20:2 with the QBB, the game loving crashes :dice:

404notfound fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

404notfound posted:

Edit: Aaaaaand, halfway into a ridiculously good round where I was going something like 20:2 with the QBB, the game loving crashes :dice:
Real Battlefield start here !

• Locked thread