Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

If you want me to make a new banner / logo (I've made the last few for these threads) for BF1, PM me and I'd be happy to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

Can't wait to spend every round complaining about that poo poo. Beta tomorrow I believe, you should try and jump on

Im good. If I pick up BF1, it won't be until a month or two has passed since release. Everything I've read so far has me not liking this game.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

There were probably LAVs in 1912.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

There were more soldiers back then so I think Mail will be able to go like 400-12.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Lumpy posted:

If you want me to make a new banner / logo (I've made the last few for these threads) for BF1, PM me and I'd be happy to!

Post it I'm always up for stealing stuff

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

lol HML this is the tanklordiest thing I've ever seen. This would undoubtedly be your favorite video game.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
You should give it a shot mail and Nicko. Planes def have the possibility of being over powered. You can self repair while in the air

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
not sure how I feel about the self repair thing.

dunno, might download it. we gonna poop on people this weekend?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I have a four day weekend and I want to atone for not doing more last weekend to reach our 150 kill goal

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

"Everything I hear about this game makes me wonder if I should buy it."

Shame there's no way to try it before it comes out, for free, right now.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Seedge posted:

"Everything I hear about this game makes me wonder if I should buy it."

Shame there's no way to try it before it comes out, for free, right now.

I love you, CJ. Buy an Xbox One and come chill with us.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

I love you, CJ. Buy an Xbox One and come chill with us.

I dunno if Bryan told you but I'm gonna come home to the bone zone

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

deadwing posted:

Yeah, he did. And I got fuckin psyched about it. Now one of you talk 3toes into getting one.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
Despite all the bugs (slow menus, bugged leveling, spawning without weapons/gear) there is certainly fun to be had with the beta. Not sure about some of the decisions regarding the game (points instead of tickets?), and weapon damage/accuracy seems janky as gently caress.

Tanks are ridiculously op, sniping with carriage mounted cannons is like having a fixed emplacement Carl, and planes are a ton of fun until the sandstorm fucks up visibility. And death train is balla.

Me and Beastie tore poo poo up in a plane together yesterday, pilot and gunner, even scored a roadkill on some poor sucker. Good times.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
If tropical storm harambe doesn't gently caress my poo poo up I'll be on most the weekend.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

thenicko33 posted:

not sure how I feel about the self repair thing.

dunno, might download it. we gonna poop on people this weekend?

3 day weekend. lets do itttt

deadwing posted:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Beelzebozo posted:

Yeah, he did. And I got fuckin psyched about it. Now one of you talk 3toes into getting one.

3toes is building a PC this Fall.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A3dfu1tk0w
:dice:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
So, I;ve finally gotten round to upgrading my internet to something decent and I jump halfway up the leaderboard.

Only to find that the PS3 is now full of aimbots.

Bah.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
im watching bf1 stuff, mail, and it doesn't look too bad. definitely some design choices that i don't like, but overall it doesn't look half bad. infantry combat looks better too, i doubt it'll be better than bc2 infantry, but it looks way better than 4.

and it was nice to watch gameplay without hearing the constant lock pn sound. probably not day 1, but maybe within a few weeks of launch.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Just download the drat beta already. Also we need to play some four still

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

thenicko33 posted:

im watching bf1 stuff, mail, and it doesn't look too bad. definitely some design choices that i don't like, but overall it doesn't look half bad. infantry combat looks better too, i doubt it'll be better than bc2 infantry, but it looks way better than 4.

and it was nice to watch gameplay without hearing the constant lock pn sound. probably not day 1, but maybe within a few weeks of launch.

You're watching something you can try free for two more days.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I've been wrecking poo poo with the tank. Multiple 20+ and 0 rounds. Especially easy since most people don't have the anti tank rocket due to a glitch. Even then, most enemy tanks go for the multi seat variant which requires coordination that pubbies are incapable of, while I just go for the one seater. I'll be picking up first week

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Edit: wrong bf thread!

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

I've been wrecking poo poo with the tank. Multiple 20+ and 0 rounds. Especially easy since most people don't have the anti tank rocket due to a glitch. Even then, most enemy tanks go for the multi seat variant which requires coordination that pubbies are incapable of, while I just go for the one seater. I'll be picking up first week

I had a 30-something streak in the single seater last night, poo poo's ridiculous. :killdozer:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The BF1 beta ending has me jonesing to play more BF4, but I stopped playing before all the DLC came out. I've heard it's still a decently populated game, but is not having DLC going to mean I can't find games? I'm not sure I want to play badly enough to buy them.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

You'll be fine without the DLC.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The BF1 beta ending has me jonesing to play more BF4, but I stopped playing before all the DLC came out. I've heard it's still a decently populated game, but is not having DLC going to mean I can't find games? I'm not sure I want to play badly enough to buy them.

Most of the dlc is free now anyway, at least on ps4. But most servers are running the vanilla maps.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

red19fire posted:

Most of the dlc is free now anyway, at least on ps4. But most servers are running the vanilla maps.

Oh, nice! Probably a long shot since the group in the OP seems defunct, but is there a goon group for PS4?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Puppy liked battlefield one, xbros need to get it

Hopefully it does well and they do a quick turn on a ww2 game for more of our preferred vehicle action

Also, xbros need to play bf4 this weekend. We can get 150 kills I believe in us

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Oh, nice! Probably a long shot since the group in the OP seems defunct, but is there a goon group for PS4?

There's a couple of us who are still around who will be playing bf1 and maybe a bit of bf4 before the game comes out. Hit up VforVegans on psn.

djinndarc
Dec 20, 2012

"I'm Bender, baby, please insert liquor!"
Been out of the game for over a year, but like many others I'm looking to get back into BF4 while waiting on BF1. I'm genkun on psn.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3788178&perpage=40&pagenumber=52#post464188447

ahnuld you need to get in there and defend your honor

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
But is it coming back to Xbox or is it a pc server now

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Ahnuld has far more pressing concerns. Believe me.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Added you guys. PSN is Valghast if anyone else wants to buddy up.

Also, all of the DLC is free for the next few days. They've been giving it away piecemeal for a while, but I don't think it was ever all available at once like this before.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Good games tonight. Party chat got a bit too busy for me tho with some chatty people too

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Pubbie with the mobile AA got a total of 7 kills on Golmud because he didn't want to leave spawn, so I decided to use the AA during the next round, on Dawnbreaker

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Nice to see others jumping back into this and/or still playing it. I just got back in as well after taking a hiatus for more than a year where I went back and played some of the older Xbox 360 games I missed (Bad Company, 1943, and Bad Company 2). I kinda see what all the fuss is about with Bad Company 2, but it's really hard to find games nowadays and I wish I played it back in its heyday. Hopefully it becomes backward compatible on Xbox One and a bunch of players come back.

I'll be online late night/early mornings on the weekends EST tying up some assignments and getting my missing ribbons. Gamertag is Moraduke. Let's play some missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Nick we have a mission:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG85RxqhRDY

• Locked thread