Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

404notfound posted:

They're probably never going to do it, but I wish they'd make a Windows 8 commander app. I just got an ASUS T100 tablet/netbook and won't be in the tablet market again any time soon.

I wish they'd release it for the Vita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
I've crashed twice since the new update on the PS4...

:dice:

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
drat, I love double-tapping tanks and such with the SRAW. I really hope :dice: leaves that "feature" in and doesn't nerf it. Have also taken out 4 choppers with it so far. Even got a "holy crap that was a good shot" message. SLAMs are fun whenever I can get close enough to a tank. Managed to jump ontop of one, drop 3 SLAMs, jump off and knife the guy repairing the tank. Tank backs up to shoot me, hits the right speed, :torgue:

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
My only video so far, the SRAW chopper take-down I got the friendly message from. Have managed this a total of 4 times so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNt1OYDbjjw

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
I just flat out don't fly anything. I've never played any flight sims, ever, and I can't wrap my mind around the controls, and I don't feel like "wasting my time" with the test range when I could be shooting mans. When I see someone get into a chopper and slam it into the ground 5 seconds later, Napoleon Dynamite's "Gosh, idiot!" is the first thing that runs through my mind.

Those of you who can fly well, kudos. I hope you're not on the enemy team when I play.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
If someone still has a spare PS4 USA China Rising code, I'll gladly accept!

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
Took out an enemy gunship with four SRAW shots for a buttload of points... but of course it didn't save that clip.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
Frigga fraggin two 700+ meter headshots in a row, clip saved poo poo from three hours prior... Even has the correct thumbnail.

:negative:

bf4stats puts the longest of the two at 712.6m.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
The exact reason I don't pilot helicopters, because it would be much like this:

http://gfycat.com/FlakyHastyAntbear

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
So I accidentally did a thing. You can see my confusion at the end. I thought the chopper had been landed and stolen that quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2NYB8aN60U

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
Playing with the MAV for shits and giggles. Didn't get any hate mail, but I had a blast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFtmto1fhEQ

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
So has anyone snuck up on a roof wookie via parachute, dropped an EOD bot, left the area, then kill them? This seems to be a hilarious thing to do.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
Spent the last couple mornings unlocking the L85A2, L96A1, and MTAR-21. I didn't much like the MTAR until I got the comp for it. Is it worth grinding the built in range finder for the L96A1 sniper rifle, or is there a better rifle? I mainly use the M40A5. I'm decently close to unlocking the M98B and already have two battlepack items for it (FLIR and tri-beam laser), but the lack of range finder makes me sad.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

If I remember right, Halo didn't really have recoil either.

The SMGs and sniper rifle had recoil. The other guns had increasing spread.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
After trying for a couple rounds of air superiority, and maybe an hour of regular gzmeplay…

:suicide:
I suuuuuck at flying.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

UglyCrackBaby posted:

When someone finds a link to it in the online store (USA), please post it here so I can download while at work.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/battlefield-4-second-assault/cid=UP0006-CUSA00110_00-XPACK00000000000

It's 4.4GB.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
A has anyone made a good Goonies/Sloth emblem yet?

That would be incredible.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

I think I found the worst player in the world, dedicated recon of course: http://bf4stats.com/xbox/diddaddothat
144 hours played, level 40.

I know I suck at sniping, but apparently I'm still better than that guy.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

The question is, why does he keep sniping. I will never understand the lure of peering through a small circle getting a kill once in a blue moon. If you feel that you "own" people by sniping them from far away, why isn't the possibility of being able to get close and personal and truly outplay people a bigger draw?

I get the biggest rush from truly massacring people. Yesterday a guy spotted me and hid around the corner of the building at B (this is on the 360, the cluster of buildings on the island wit the 2 capture points). I knew he was waiting for me to come around when I noticed the 2 small flammable tanks right where he was standing. I shot them and he blew up like fireworks, drat it feels good to be a gangsta' :c00l:

I mainly snipe or MAV when I've not played in a couple of days, or want to "warm up" a bit before switching to other classes (or switch to a DMR). Though I was giddy to get that 1000-plus meter headshot.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
Got my first MAV splatter kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvP4n1lGBIE

His death scream had me laughing for a good minute.

It didn't record, but getting a double kill from two folks riding the elevator in Hainan with C4 in there with them... That was amusing.

DominusDeus fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 7, 2014

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
Roof wookies are fun sometimes.

Get. Off. The. Roof.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
So this just happened.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154058698795473

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
*sigh* Had a game where I UCAVed a good 8 or 9 roof wookies on Sunken Dragon, followed by a game where I got what appeared to be a quad kill (was over 500 points) with one UCAV on a bunch of wookies huddled in a train car on Garden. But yes, please PS4, record precicely 0kb worth of clips… that's absolutely what I want when I press the share button. :(

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
Couple of short meh clips of me having fun with the UCAV. Haven't unlocked the air-burst mode, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRgZpeG0R7c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXTwovvxGY

And why is the ucav so drat slow on Pearl Market?

DominusDeus fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 19, 2014

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
Managed to get one bomber kill one Guilin Peaks. Could barely get to Delta. Hell, we never took Delta a single time.

[edit] couldn't get to it on Dragon Pass, couldn't get to it on Silk Road… *sigh*

[edit] Tried for two hours... no UCAV airburst. :(

DominusDeus fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jul 19, 2014

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
Counter-sniping snipers with the Deagle is amazing, and I don't even have the 3x scope yet, just the first two. Don't like the mini RDS, can't see poo poo. Ghost ring until I get the delta RDS.

DominusDeus fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 21, 2014

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

Lawnie posted:

Got a couple ps4 destiny beta codes (I think? Beta signup gave me three codes). Pm or post your email if interested.

I'm interested, if you still have any available.

Lawnie posted:

Anybody else notice the UCAV handles like poo poo on pearl market?

It goes slow and maneuvers like molasses.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Fuckin Share button, man. Ever since the latest update, I haven't been able to save ANY clips whatsoever.

I just UCAV airbursted a little bird out of the air too :(

Same. I have to double press the share button and let it record 15 minutes and keep doing that to save anything. And it apparently will not save if you exit the game, or double press share again. For me, anyways, I have to wait the whole 15 minutes until it pops up that the clip has been saved.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

Lawnie posted:

I've got one left and it's yours once I get home from work. Got an email you'd like it sent to?

Sent you a pm.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
Still no closer to getting the UCAV airburst. Goddrat.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
So drat annoying. Managed to get into the bomber something like half a dozen times in one match. Two kills. Total.

:suicide:

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
1/3 bomber ribbons now. Only took several days, and two-thirds to go. :shepface:

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

Laserface posted:

have you not got the cruise missile yet? its pretty helpful for this.

also use the JDAMS.

So can someone tell me the difference between the default Bomber missiles and JDAMS?

Not yet. 2 more bomber kills and kill enemy bomber.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Holy poo poo, with the 1.75 firmware update, I was able to record at least 10 clips without it loving up!

Great... My stuff recorded, but it was poo poo from a full map rotation prior.

DominusDeus fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jul 30, 2014

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
Accidentally popped a UCAV into an enemy chopper and helped bring it down last night. Was going to take out a sniper. Set the UCAV down, launched it, straight into a chopper. Of course, it didn't record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

keyboard vomit posted:

I will throw myself to the bomber gods if we get a group together for this.

Same here. Just need two ribbons now. Can't play until at least Monday morning.

• Locked thread