Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I've been eating black-eyed peas with leftover Christmas ham for lunch the last few days and it's delicious and awesome.

Now for a bean-related question: when I make refried beans using fresh cumin seeds should I grind the seeds or leave them whole? Also, what are people's favourite beans to use? I normally use kidney but also have pinto and black beans in the cupboard, would either of those work?

e - second question: My friend made some awesome bean-only chilli for Christmas dinner. What are people's favourite bean-only / vegetarian chilli recipes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I've found that adding a bit of white vinegar or hot sauce gives black beans a good flavour.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Wanna eat dat stew. I've been making bean salads with cannellini beans, celery, capsicum, grated carrot, spring onion and homemade vinaigrette dressing. Keeps in the fridge for a few days and makes a good lunch to take to work :chef:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Bean poisoning might just be the gooniest way someone could kill themselves.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

QuarkMartial posted:

Ended up being fine. More than fine. Delicious. And my wife made broccoli cheese cornbread.

And I've had three servings. I can't stop eating. So good.

Do you have a recipe for the broccoli cheese cornbread? That sounds amazing.

• Locked thread