Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

That was loving incredible. The end of that episode, dear god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

That was probably the best april fools switcheroo I've seen.

Great episode to a great series.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

thread title needs to be "I gotta take a poo poo" asap

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
I loved the nod to cronenberg world.

In some ways I'm disappointed that they're actually developing plotlines and arcs that span multiple episodes and seasons. But they're doing it so drat well that I can't stay mad.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Wow you could get 20 mcnuggets for $3.29. No wonder everyone was so happy in the 90s

You can get a 10 pc at BK for $1.50 practically always, so good times aren't done yet...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Anony Mouse posted:

In some ways I'm disappointed that they're actually developing plotlines and arcs that span multiple episodes and seasons. But they're doing it so drat well that I can't stay mad.

Hopefully they keep them to just the premieres and finales.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Thanks Dan

https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/848331549045133312

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i like how rick is such an alcoholic that even when he brainswaps into an alien bugman he's still burping uncontrollably

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I love the rant at the end. Both as a callback to the first episode, and as an answer to all the idiots on reddit posting their 'theories' about the show. Rick is loving insane, you lazy fucks.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Rick and Morty season 3: Happy now mother FUCKA

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

i'm glad you all like the episode. my blood, sweat, semen and tears went into making it for you goons. (although it was a massive group effort)

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Anony Mouse posted:

remember what happened to the venture brother?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Typical posted:

i'm glad you all like the episode. my blood, sweat, semen and tears went into making it for you goons. (although it was a massive group effort)

Was there a scramble to get it ready for April 1st? I doubt the rest of the episodes are that far along animation-wise.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Hot diggity dog this episode was fantastic, so good to be back baby

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

General Dog posted:

You can get a 10 pc at BK for $1.50 practically always, so good times aren't done yet...

$1.49 mother FUCKA! I gotta go take a poo poo.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Escobarbarian posted:

Great great episode. I would have liked if everything wasn't resolved so quickly I guess - especially woulda liked them to keep Earth under the control of the Federation a little longer - but gently caress it this ep was SO GOOD so it was worth it

I have sorta mixed feelings on the final scene though. In and of itself, it's an incredibly effective capper to the episode. But in the context of the series, this brand of megalomania seems to come out of absolutely nowhere and almost retcons a lot of the "Rick actually does care about his family" stuff we saw in the s2 finale and plenty of other episodes, such as the s2 premiere. But then maybe he's lying? But then why lie? It's a bit confusing to me. Excited to see where it goes.

e: 9/11 bit I heard was ".....excuse to take away our freedoms..."

We'll probably never truly know the extent to which Rick really does or doesn't care about his family. The ambiguity is part of what makes his character so funny and compelling.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Is there any significance to Rick shooting all the other council members, but electrocuting (and maybe stunning?) the one Rick that tries to escape out the window?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I think the epsiode is the real deal because it ties in with that fake slack federation website we got access too. That site was all pills and how the new world works, which all got double downed on in this ep

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Cnut the Great posted:

We'll probably never truly know the extent to which Rick really does or doesn't care about his family. The ambiguity is part of what makes his character so funny and compelling.

From a Watsonian perspective, it also makes sense that, as Rick is clearly not one for extended introspection, he's not always certain how he feels about his helpers albatrosses family either.

Also, I can't possibly be the only one who searched for Unity Connections online as soon as she saw the fake ad for it :blush:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Away all Goats posted:

Is there any significance to Rick shooting all the other council members, but electrocuting (and maybe stunning?) the one Rick that tries to escape out the window?

I'm pretty sure that Rick is dead, and that the reason Rick did that is because he just felt like murdering a guy with electricity.

Like Morty said he's basically a demon or a hosed up God, he does whatever he wants whenever he wants.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I expect at least some of his rant at the end was lies or half-truths because Rick hates himself and he doesn't want Morty to grow too attached to him. Remember, he didn't know Morty was seriously going to blow Rick's brains out earlier.

I'm pretty sure he knew. Hell, I'm pretty sure that's what he was trying for. Keep calling Morty a loving idiot until he gets so mad, he tries to kill you with a fake gun, fake killing you so the Council Rick would let go of Summer and let down his guard so you can shoot him in the head.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Ballz posted:

RIP President Bug Calculon

That's who that was! Been bugging me since I heard it...

Not like I could go IMDB it. I'm sure that poo poo is on lockdown today.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Apr 2, 2017

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Lareine posted:

I'm pretty sure he knew. Hell, I'm pretty sure that's what he was trying for. Keep calling Morty a loving idiot until he gets so mad, he tries to kill you with a fake gun, fake killing you so the Council Rick would let go of Summer and let down his guard so you can shoot him in the head.

He wouldn't have written instructions on the gun if he didn't want Morty to read them.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Typical posted:

Which bodily fluid is which part of the ep?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Typical posted:

please do not link "massive group effort" with a list of bodily fluids again

thanks in advance

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

He wouldn't have written instructions on the gun if he didn't want Morty to read them.

You gotta keep your fake guns labeled so you don't confuse them with the real one. Besides, everybody knows Mortys don't read instructions.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
God, that was amazing. I was dying during the whole body swapping sequence

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

The Glumslinger posted:

God, that was amazing. I was dying during the whole body swapping sequence

Yeah that was great, from the Nathan Fillion as Rick as The Bug Interrogator and him needing to take a poo poo.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
it. was. so. good.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh man, that episode reminded me how much I loved this series. That was an absolute blast.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cnut the Great posted:

This is a real good point.

GOD drat THIS EPISODE WAS GREAT

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

just lol if you idiot fuckmen don't get that rick is still on David Cross' simulation scam ship.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sucks that the rest of the season isn't until summer but given the 14 episode comment from last year is it possible they planned this? One ep early to wrap up the Federation plot and then a regular-sized TV season in Summer (the season, not the fictional teenage girl)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

just lol if you idiot fuckmen don't get that rick is still on David Cross' simulation scam ship.

The next April Fools is on Sunday. There'd be room for them to do that.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Digging up the Rick in the backyard for his portal gun was clever

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

President Ark posted:

i like how rick is such an alcoholic that even when he brainswaps into an alien bugman he's still burping uncontrollably

I love the quick throwaway "aw man I was looking forward to testing out that insect dick" joke

Also surprise Nathan Fillion cameo! Always welcome.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I missed it. Goddamn.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

quidditch it and quit it posted:

I missed it. Goddamn.

Its still going... its looping.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Maybe it's just me being a simpleton then, but in the UK on an iPhone it won't play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Maybe it's just me being a simpleton then, but in the UK on an iPhone it won't play.

Ah maybe its over in the UK then :( still working here

• Locked thread