Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I really enjoy the show. It's just so wonderfully demented with how Rick views the world.

Dig the art, too.

I've been excited about it since I've seen the first previews for it, and it's not disappointed me at all. Vibrant worlds, interesting locations, creature and prop designs.

Typical, didn't you also do a try out for Steven Universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
"Sometimes Science is more Art than Science."

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Wow. That ending was just completely magical.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
They kind of did the, "Clone tries to kill the new clone" thing in Venture Brothers.

That's one thing I'd like to see. Summer getting in on some of the action. She's pretty much the only one that's not really been touched upon. They focus a lot on Jerry, but Beth has her own personality.

I'm sure that growing up, Beth has also had a lot of odd adventures with Rick herself. I'd like to know what growing up with Rick as a father would be like, we know he was gone for a while, but there had to be a time when he was actually there.

I also kind of dig that Morty's home life isn't like a lot of the cartoon families on TV. In Simpsons and Family guy.. there's always the divorce jokes, or the episode centering around it. It's kind of a, "haha. Here's something. But, back to the family again." Jerry and Beth's problems don't just go away. They linger through multiple episodes, and last, and they do have kind of an effect on Morty.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Wow. I did not expect that ending in the slightest. That was awesome.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Oh man. I missed the, "Um. I'm here for my Undead Cat and Child." thing from my first viewing.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
My favorite part of the preview is the, "Eh eh! Not you!" I hope that keeps happening.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

bull3964 posted:

Since the Robot Rick was downloading Rick Prime's memories, I think Evil Morty's true motivation was to "restore" a Rick as close to his own as possible.

He lost his Rick somewhere along the way and just wanted him back. He doesn't give a flying gently caress about the other Morty's.

Rick Prime? So are we going to have a Crisis on Infinite Ricks soon?

I like to believe that our Rick, isn't nearly as cold hearted as he'd like us to believe. He does actually care for his daughter, and probably popped in every now and again to check on her, Morty, and probably point and laugh at Jerry before vanishing again with his portal gun. I'm guessing we'll find out at some point.

What I like most, is there are so many possibilities where Rick and Morty could go, and they seem to be opening a bunch of doors for possible storylines if they ever want to use them. (Or, dick with us, by getting our hopes up.) It seems with this, that they've established a bigger world than what we may ever see again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Typical posted:

I regret nothing. all that terrible bad art served its purpose. I still make bad art these days too, but more infrequently. also i look forward to sharing what I can when the episodes air

key word "WHEN THEY AIR"

I am super glad you guys liked the episodes though. and thank you to any one who buys the DVDS.

Stuff like Rick and Morty, Steven Universe, that's the kind of stuff DVD's were made for.

I want to give projects like those more of my money, just so I can hear them talk more about their passion projects, and go through all the special features.

I never thought I'd see anything like Rick and Morty on my Television. It blows my mind.

• Locked thread