Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocketfish
Jul 2, 2007

*pshew!*
Thanks!
As a long-time listener to Dan Harmon's podcast, I have just a couple of insights I'd like to share (and if this starts a shitstorm, I am so sorry :( )

1.) I'm pretty sure Rick is based on how Dan views himself
2.) While Harmon is a raving alcoholic and filled with self-loathing, he's also a humanist and a hell of a writer. You can expect pretty much every episode to be just about this good.
3.) Rick and Morty is a show that Dan really, really enjoys making. It's low key and underground so he can have all the creative control he wants, but it's still on cable so people will actually watch it.

What I'm trying to say is that this show is going to be great, and it doesn't actually matter what the ratings are. This is Adult Swim we're talking about. If they like a show, they'll keep it going. Look at how long Aqua Teen Hunger Force has been around. The rules of the real world don't apply here (thank god).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread