Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
And yet we dont' see a multiverse when that happens now do we? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Probably my favorite is how many iterations of Rick there is. Robo Rick, Seamonster Rick, etc when they go to the Citadel of Ricks.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Even though Rick makes everything exciting, I think Morty is my favorite character. I'm kind of disappointed that Morty is often the uncool guy, because he isn't as risky (ricksky) as Rick. Morty already has the fact that he's dumb as Rick is smart, but he also seems to be the only one with responsibility, which definitely balances out Summer and Rick, but I wish he wasn't depicted as so lame because of that. I WANT MORTY DEVELOPMENT.Do we have to wait a whole year for season 2?

A cocky Morty can cause real problems. Do you want that to be a problem for everyone? :colbert:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I loved that episode because it left us in suspense that would things go back to normal? Like this wouldn't be continuity but it ends up being one after all. Though a little sad that Jerry/Beth are much more happy without Rick and Morty around. At least in the orginal timeline Jerry ends up being a badass.

Better than his other alternate time line of being an actor. :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
We've actually seen a couple of Rick and Morty alternates. It's pretty hilarious knowing if something bad happens to them (aka be killed) it's the alternative reality of Rick and Morty.

The 27 images of the Rickicide was the icing on the cake.

Especially the one with Rick up his own rear end.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Still doesn't disprove your theory that it's alternate Rick and Morty. I mean the bomb is about to go off. :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Probably. I mean I'm not super serious about the alternate time line rick and morty thing. I thought the :v: would give it away.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
http://video.adultswim.com/rick-and-morty/pilot.html

Adult Swim has most of the episodes. The only thing is they expire, but this one doesn't expire til the 31st of this month.

edit: Scratch that, doesn't expire til 2015 of March.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Can't be a young rick.

There's no booze. :colbert:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
loving hell they haven't missed a step at all.

I can't wait. :allears:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Summer is probably one of the best characters because I love how Rick's version of revenge is to do an DMX steroid building montage and beat the poo poo out of the Devil. And she was ok with it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pretty much that, they are draw scenes/sketches to illustrate how it should look on screen.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Because goons are obsessed with cheese.

Also Rick and Morty won't be another VB cuz at least Rick and Morty have more writers?

Right? :ohdear:

The only thing we got of VB was the Season 6 preview which was like around august.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I tried watching venture brothers and couldn't get into it, does it have a weak pilot but gets better?

Just to repeat, yeah the pilot is very rough and not really a indicator of the show (apart from Brock being a badass, they still have that)

And drat beat me to it, I recommend Tag Sale or the Ghost because those are two really good ones. I feel Tag Sale is the best introduction because you have all these villains shopping around in a garage sale and nobody is panicking that much. It really puts the premise of the show that being a good guy/bad guy isn't really that big of a difference.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was a really great episode. I will admit I thought that something was gonna go wrong when Summer didn't let the box outside for a second. The three weeks ago line just killed me.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

johntfs posted:

Technically, something did go wrong. A hole got punched in the garage roof. Fortunately, Rick's drone/power armor is tougher than that roof, so it was all good. Except for the roof repair bill. Maybe they could make Jerry fix it...?

Hahaha, Jerry fixing things. Now that's hilarious! :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Ignore Jerry.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 6, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Honestly? Because of the first Rick and Morty thread on SA when they said it was basically BTTF. I think it was along the lines of Doc Brown is a drunken rear end in a top hat and Marty is an idiot. And yeah I got hooked once I watched the pilot. I was unaware of his previous work.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I can't believe it. Holy poo poo what an episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

prefect posted:

psychological warfare?

Considering Bird Person was one of Rick's best friends, more likely this.

• Locked thread