Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Rick Sanchez is Rintaro Okabe.

That's why he doesn't do time travel poo poo anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Ballz posted:

RIP President Bug Calculon

That's who that was! Been bugging me since I heard it...

Not like I could go IMDB it. I'm sure that poo poo is on lockdown today.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Apr 2, 2017

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

In the fabricated backstory, Diane is wearing a wedding ring but Rick isn't. Probably means little to nothing.

There was some sparse discussion relating to this over a few pages and I've wanted to write about this for a while, so I'll just spew:

Funny thing about 'infinite Ricks' is there would then be infinite rogues too. That's how infinities work. The only way you get finite rogues (meaning, nearly or just, one) is finite Ricks. This falls in line with the idea of a deterministic universe where a bunch of planck length related bullshit comes in to describe the minimum amount of difference between one universe and the next, that being just one existential 'bit' of information that differs between thusly adjacent universes at or near the very moment of the big bang. The maximum is then how many 'bits' can be different before things are too fundamentally different to still produce a Rick. It's like procedural generation, where if you stray too far then things get weird (Hammer Morty being out on the fringe, for example), but you have to change the seed by at least one bit to get a different version. This falls in line with Rick mentioning that they only get two or three more 'bailouts' to similar enough universes where their compatriots have died; this implies the universes that contain Rick, the universes similar enough to drop into, and the universes where Rick and/or Morty have died are all finite, and so all universes are finite. The numbers are still obscenely large of course.

"Infinite realities... well not really but I just don't feel like explaining entropy at universal genesis to you." is a very Rickish reasoning.

Another idea is that Ricks are truly infinite, but the sole rogues are a centerpoint of clusters of them.

• Locked thread