Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

max4me posted:

I cant tell if rick supose to be crazy or amoral. most of his actions have a motive and in the polite he talked about his "work" but does the show go into what his work is or the goal is working towards?

Pretty clearly amoral. He knows what he's doing and doesn't care. I mean he's willfully keeping his grandson out of school when Morty clearly needs to be there. Any "craziness" is just that he's kinda a single-minded sociopath who doesn't really care about what's best for anyone else as long as he gets to achieve whatever his goals are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Oh man. I just re-watched last nights episode. I definitely did not catch on the firs ttime that the boyfriend's emotional story was that his brother raped him.

:stare:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Jack posted:

When I first heard they were making a show from the Doc & Mharti sketch, I was for sure not going to be interested... I really, really dig this show.

How this amazing show came out of Doc and Mharti is still beyond me. So much of the shorts was just straight up terrible, and they managed to fix basically all of it, minus, notably, the belching. ...belching is definitely still there.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

cyberia posted:

I watched all three episodes last night and this show is amazing. The dog-mechs in episode 2 absolutely killed me. I honestly can't remeber the last time a show made me laugh as much as this one does.

Nice av

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Typical posted:

The network cares and does censor things. They usually send us back notes on some of the production art if they wanted it to be changed. For instance. they didn't want too too much gore, I had to re-color an alien intestine pink because they didn't want it to look too real.

But they do let other things slide, Like they didn't say anything about this nice piece of grotesqueness.

I got to ink this which is from the opening credits.

So:

Alien intestines -> No.

Anatomically Correct Vagina (teeth included) -> Yes?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Holy poo poo, is this show ever coming back on?

Despite knowing it's coming back Monday, this is exactly how I feel. It's gotten even more pressing now that other people I've hooked are asking me why the hell it's not back.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Macrame_God posted:

Jerry is so pathetic. I don't know if I should loathe him or pity him.

Post-pilot he's kinda pitiful. I mean I don't mind him being kind of a hapless idiot, but Jerry just seems to keep getting stuck in situations where everyone but Jerry is aware/comfortable. It's a little sad now.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
The whole post-credits scene was very Perry Bible Fellowship...just absurd in an incredibly dark fantasy way. "Remember him for the Jellybean he represents, not the Jellybean he was."

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Chairman Mao posted:

The Meeseeks plotline was hilarious, watching their optimism just drain over the course of the episode was amazing.

The fact that Jerry's wish to take two stroke off his golf game is the one that foiled them is just great (Look at me I'm Mr Meeseeks!) You'd think that (Look at me!) "being more popular" or "becoming a more complete woman" would be the hard wishes. Instead Jerry is just a horrible failure at golf.

"Existence is pain to a Meeseeks!" was also the most :smith: thing ever. Dammit Jerry.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
This is the darkest timeline. drat.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

Rick's stuttering works because it's a perfect vocal representation of how annoyed he gets having to explain things to 'normals'.

And Morty's exasperated stutter is pretty great too. It does a good job of showing how far Rick pushes him.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Brightman posted:

If there really was a Meseeks Box I'd probably burn through a bunch of them just asking questions like why do they say "Look at me." so much just to see what their answers would be. Other questions would be "How do you know about the box?" and "Could a Meseeks do a job for a day or would the 8 hours of work be too torturous?" but only one question per Meseeks, any answer would be acceptable. I'm not a monster, like Jerry.

Oh yeah, asking deep, maybe unanswerable philosophical questions about the nature of what it means to be a Meseeks doesn't make you a monster. :colbert:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Buzkashi posted:

Am I reading too deep into it if I take Rick's reality-jumping warning that "we only have about three or four more of these tops" as a joke on not being sure if they'd get picked up for a second season?

Pretty sure it's just a writer's joke that you can't use the Get Out Of Jail Free card more than a few times over the course of the show or the plots will stop having tension.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Cacafuego posted:

Rewatching the anatomy park episode now. Am I the only one bothered that the attack on the train was by E. coli represented as bacteriophages?

Well that makes me the second-only-person to be bothered by that, at least. I was the only person watching that seemed at all upset back when it aired, and there was a drat nurse in the room.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

nooneofconsequence posted:

Anyone with Summer and Rick gifs, feel free to share.

Edit: Oh gently caress you JT

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

OR it could be that they just put GOD HATES YOU as a place holder in there until they got the OK from S&P to use "FAGS" and just missed those frames.

I think it's the opposite of what happened with the South Park episode about the cable company. In the original airing you could see "Time Warner Cable" appear during one of the animations, where the "Time Warner" part had been apparently covered up during the more static scenes.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

Can someone screen cap that "you"?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
I just want to go back to hell where everyone thinks I'm smart and funny :smith:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

AxeManiac posted:

I'm getting Fiesta Cat flashbacks

Where is my fiesta cat plushie I am very upset :colbert:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Turnquiet posted:

I bought the blu-rays since they were only 18 bucks but I am kinda annoyed that they aren't bleeped. I don't squirm at the swears, but my wife does, so when I watch them with her and all of a sudden Rick is dropping "mother-fucker" while beating on the devil it is kinda a shock compared to how I originally saw it on TV.

Venture Bros did the same thing come season 3 but they also stopped black-barring dicks and poo poo so that was even more out there. Sometimes imagining it all is way funnier.

Yeah, I had the same deal with Ventute Brothers. Both my roommate and I were extremely weirded out when I upgraded my lovely tv rips to DVDs. The swearing was jarring...then those dongs.

The fact that Doc/Jackson feel the same way is funny.

ultramiraculous fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Feb 16, 2015

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
O.....k

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

VideoTapir posted:

I still want a one off full episode of Ball Fondlers.

I just finally started watching Gravity Falls, and I could totally go for Justin Roiland just riffing fake TV stuff for another entire episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB6MJf63-TI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puUvD6VvFno

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Hey guys Rick and Morty are doing a Simpsons couch gag: http://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/rick-and-morty-simpsons-couch-gag

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Nichael posted:

So if they avoid mentioning "in" things, they're irrelevant, and if they do so they're "desperate"?

I mean if that's desperate, then this is the most desperate thing they've ever done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNGVaN8FPYw

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
YouTube is the absolute king of loving up feature roll-outs, and I really can't figure out why. I swear they fuckup embeds in a bad way at least once a year, for a noticeable amount of time.

Also anyone who used those embeds to link to YouTube-proper should be ashamed, because you probably provided positive metrics for someone.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Eight-Six posted:

I think it was in the director/cast commentary where they said that they didn't know what to put there that would be funny, so they put something in that they were sure wouldn't make it past the editorial review, because apparently that's what you do when you have deadlines- the review guys just send it back and say "okay change this line, too vulgar." However, the Adult Swim people approved it and so it never went back to reshooting, so that's how we all know about puffy vaginas.

Yeah this is it. There's a handful of occasions in the commentary where they mention lines that only exist because someone assumed that "there's no way Dan/Justin/Standards is going to let this through without a rewrite". Some of the quirks of the show seem to come from leaning on other people to be a filter.

Wubba-Luba-dub-dub was originally a Curly/Zoidberg sound written phonetically that changed multiple times as the script went back and forth until Justin changed it again as he recorded it.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

JT Jag posted:

'He voiced Lemongrab on Adventure Time, and we're pretty sure he improvised that character entirely."

After hearing in the commentary that he came up with the Mr Meseeks voice while rolling on the floor during a writers-meeting breakdown...this might be plausible.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I think that's my bush was live action, but there was also one called lil bush or something that was animated. I never saw a full episode, but I swear it's real.

Both existed, Thats's My Bush had its moments, and Lil Bush absolutely didn't.

Comedy Central having two simultaneous Bush shows is the funny thing.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

tarlibone posted:

It's like French Stewart asked what his motivation was before recording his first line, and they said, "You're the Dean from Community. Go!"

Ugh no. That just makes it even worse.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure they started re-airing them around the time Lil'Bush showed up, hence my confusion.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

shadowvine118 posted:

Where exactly are they available to watch?

:filez:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
i didn't notice it until i really paid attention to see if the song changed at the end of the episode. the context made me think he started singing a creepier one at the end.

nope. he wants to assimilate carbon life into the fart cloud from the start.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

I just want to know if there's more of those puppets!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
The pre-network-change episodes of American Dad are actually pretty good, as hard as it is to say. I watched the original episodes back when they aired and took it as a re-skinned Family Guy, but it grew into itself. Mainly it doesn't seem have the expected pile of obvious time wasting gags. It's hard to go from watching Futurama/Community episodes with commentaries where they lament things they cut to watching a Family Guy episode where they burn a minute or more on the same bit.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Gee Rick I don't know...agh...I just think you maybe...maybe umm you didn't earn that pathos. You know, when you lost the only entity you ever truly loved. Maybe Rick oh geez!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Gorilla Salad posted:

Given what we've heard about he creators of the show being, uh, difficult people, I wouldn't be surprised if ep3 wasn't also a bit autobiographical.

Apart from the world spanning hive mind.

Maybe the creators have gone full schitzo and the hive mind is...us.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the copy I got was 1080p. Maybe we should compare notes and figure out if Funkmaster General's copy is the "you must be a real fan to suffer through this crap" version he got has easter eggs or not...mostly because I can't imagine leak quality in 2015 being worse than the first two episodes.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Servaetes posted:

That being said Fart going all Bowie and causing mass chaos and the absolute look of horror in Rick and Morty's faces is just great. It's like if Futurama took the dark sense of humor and broke the knob off. I'm genuinely curious if Groening has given his take on it.

He did a commentary on the Season 1 DVDs and he clearly just loves the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Stop all this dumb conversation about dumb poo poo and listen to this:

https://soundcloud.com/wmstrecs/goodbye-moonmen-full-track

• Locked thread