Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

Action movies are often bad, and it's improv, I get it. Doesn't mean I want to listen to someone uncomfortably stammering along with a bunch of stuff I don't find amusing. You can like that bit if you want to, I didn't. I didn't hate the episode or anything but a few of the jokes fell flat for me including that one.

I take it you're not a podcast person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Irish Joe posted:

Reminder: Rick and Morty is a repeat tonight. The next new episode will air on the 14th.

nope!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wiki, the Adult Swim website, and my TV app all say a new episode is airing tonight? "Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind".

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It said Rick-Counters on my laptop but not on my phone. No idea anymore.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Because MrA would rather be rude/snarky than answer the question I will say that the next episode is scheduled for the day after tomorrow. Although at this point that doesn't really mean anything.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wow I really had no idea how much I would appreciate having new episodes after over a year of having to watch from the same 11 like every time I had a friend over or went to a friend's house.

Those were loving awesome.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I preferred the first episode (although they were both goddamn fantastic) and went into both blind. Btw do we know who played the time guy in the premiere? Thought that was Clement as Fart

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Just got around to watch the leaked episodes and it slowly dawned on me it was Jemaine during the song and it put a big smile on my face. A cameo I would have never expected.

Haha yeah it was absolutely the Bowie thing that was the biggest clue. Loved those songs too. How many episodes is this season again, 13?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
you might wanna check out a little-known musician named David Bowie

tee hee sorry i couldn't resist

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Haverchuck posted:

imo ren and stimpy got way better after john k got canned.

I dunno if it got better quality-wise but it definitely got better in that there wasn't some insane loser elitist piece of poo poo running it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah AS are a good few years removed from their "lovely 4am stoner programming" reputation now. China, IL is incredible too.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Great great episode. I would have liked if everything wasn't resolved so quickly I guess - especially woulda liked them to keep Earth under the control of the Federation a little longer - but gently caress it this ep was SO GOOD so it was worth it

I have sorta mixed feelings on the final scene though. In and of itself, it's an incredibly effective capper to the episode. But in the context of the series, this brand of megalomania seems to come out of absolutely nowhere and almost retcons a lot of the "Rick actually does care about his family" stuff we saw in the s2 finale and plenty of other episodes, such as the s2 premiere. But then maybe he's lying? But then why lie? It's a bit confusing to me. Excited to see where it goes.

e: 9/11 bit I heard was ".....excuse to take away our freedoms..."

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cnut the Great posted:

We'll probably never truly know the extent to which Rick really does or doesn't care about his family. The ambiguity is part of what makes his character so funny and compelling.

This is a real good point.

GOD drat THIS EPISODE WAS GREAT

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sucks that the rest of the season isn't until summer but given the 14 episode comment from last year is it possible they planned this? One ep early to wrap up the Federation plot and then a regular-sized TV season in Summer (the season, not the fictional teenage girl)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was of the belief it only works in US and Canada.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Well hopefully someone somewhere will have ripped it.

should be around in usual places. group who released it are w4f which may help with googling.

(I dunno if even this post is too much for me to share on this forum so I can delete it if someone lets me know)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JD posted:

Rick was surprisingly disturbed by 9/11

Well the joke is that he looks like he's disturbed by the attacks but was actually disturbed by how the US government will use it to strip people's freedoms.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Boiled Water posted:

Which is its own kind of weird. Since when does he care about other people?

probably considering his own freedoms? but then he wouldn't really care as he operates by his own rules anyway. just a gag I guess.

in other news:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The mannequin leg is also a thing in Community episode 303.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Megaspel posted:

She might be a lovely mum, but I don't think she'd sacrifice her children for Rick. Then again, I know Dan has a somewhat bitter relationship with his parents so maybe I'm wrong.

Nah I think you're right. Like Rick said at the end, she wouldn't have accepted him if he had returned without Morty and Summer.

• Locked thread