Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Android Blues posted:

I liked how it felt somewhat less mean than the pilot. Rick and Morty get along a bit better, and the solutions they find to their problems are actually weirdly cool and (sort of?) pacifistic. I was totally expecting the hammer to drop on, "oh, yeah, that dimensional portal actually leads to a gigantic pool of lava, you won't be seeing those guys again", but the show wound up being less cynical and cruel than I expected it to be.

Yeah this is a big part of why I'm liking the show so far. Looking at the cover I assumed Rick would be an insufferable rear end in a top hat, but he ends up being strangely chill. I also assumed Morty would be a Homer Simpson style idiot, but he ends up being really grounded. All of that really helps to make the characters enjoyable instead of aggravating like in a lot of animated comedies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Gaunab posted:

The focus on that specific scene is strange. You guys are obsessed with rape.

If the show spends like a solid minute brutally depicting a murder in disturbing detail, maybe people will talk about it this much.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I enjoy Rick and Morty a lot, but the B-Plots are always so bad. At least the ones that involve Jerry.

The Jerryboree B-plot was one of the best things in the whole series.

• Locked thread