Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jerkface posted:

Theres a surprising amount of funny sexual humor in the show.

I like how for a good chunk of the episode, you feel like with tweaks it could be a great show for kids/adults to enjoy alike. Then crazy poo poo happens and you realise that there's no way children should ever be allowed to watch Rick and Morty. Forever Rick and Morty. Dot com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ashpanash posted:

Don't know what that popdesign thing is but I don't think it's right.

It's often wrong, it'll get corrected at some point tonight or tomorrow (not useful I know, but still).

Lots of people voice their opinions about not liking the voices/mannerisms... does anyone else really like the way they talk? I love it all, from the burps to the stutters, to the constant use of 'Rick' and "Morty' in every sentence. The mere fact a child calls his grandfather 'Rick' just amuses the hell out of me for some reason.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I thought the latest episode was amazing, and probably the best single episode to sum up the show itself. I could've watched just the TV clips for the entire time, but the B plot was strong and calling back to Love Potion #9 was awesome.

Coincidentally I showed LP#9 to people last night and when the credits rolled there was nothing but silence. Perfect.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Zsinjeh posted:

I hope nobody ever buys fakedoors.com because I much more enjoy the meta-joke that it doesn't open.

It's belonged to Turner since June of last year.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Needful Things was probably my favourite Stephen King novel growing up, and the movie of it sucked. I'm so glad R&M did a full length parody of it, because it was absolutely perfect.

Also I'm kinda hoping that the preview for the next episode means that we'll see the clip from the intro where robot Morty's face falls off. That one always makes me laugh for some reason.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not too disappointed, because if my TV Calendar is right - the next episode is the last of the season anyway :(

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I really should stop relying on that drat thing. Good news at least!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Congrats, it's always great to know people here are working on the stuff we really like.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Level Slide posted:

Alternatively, the Rick Potion episode is a pretty good crash course on what the entire show is like. Mind you, I think Rick and Morty is all about existential discussions born from ridiculous circumstances.

scary ghost dog posted:

I use Rixty Minutes to sell people on the show

I do Love Potion #9 then go into Rixty Minutes. You kinda need the LP#9 ending for Rixty to make full sense plus it's an amazing episode because it takes everyone by surprise (especially if you don't know how extreme the show can go). The Gazorpazorpfield gag isn't quuuuuite as good without watching Raising Gazorpazorp, but those 2 episodes just flow into each other nicely (while being completely different) that it works.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Are there any differences between the dvd/bd versions and the ones that went out on air? I'm guessing no because someone would've mentioned in the last page, but just curious.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In all seriousness, "Jerry's Game" is one of the few video games that could be classified as legitimate art.

My favourite part is to unlock the auto-tap you spend 1,000 balloons. To activate it costs a further 1,000 balloons. It then pops something like 20 balloons before running out.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

How long until we're getting new episodes? And are multiple seasons ordered so we don't wait as long between s2 and s3?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I have a problem with YouTube that comes and goes where I don't get any audio until the buffer bar fills up. It's so annoying.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pakled posted:

I have a problem with Youtube where when I'm watching a playlist, it won't automatically play the next video when it's fullscreen, and won't even move to the next video when I hit the arrow button, but it will when it's not fullscreen.

I either get that or it's something like it won't advance if it's not the active tab (and I'm just listening to music stuff).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Megaspel posted:

Apparently Ep3 was leaked as well? This is getting kind a ridiculous if true.

Yep it seems that way. Thanks for the heads up! (I don't think it even airs in my country and I'm not in a household that is used for ratings anyway).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah the version I saw was no different in quality to any other iTunes or similar purchases.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Paladinus posted:

Watch it on Adult Swim if you can, though.

Despite the pleas from show makers to watch their shows on TV, it really only matters if the Nielson households watch as they're the only ones that are officially monitored (although I guess if you have a cable or TV service that tracks your every move that you haven't opted out of, that'd be a good thing too). They're just not allowed to say that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Inspector Gesicht posted:

That random rapper guy who shows up in Summer's dream reminds of that random rapper guy who shows up in the Friday music video.

He's actually the producer of the songs that the company put out.

He seems a bit off, Jon Ronson who seems cool did a thing about him a few years ago and I remember him coming across pretty badly.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cifamerica/video/2012/may/18/jon-ronson-viral-video-tuesday

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Episode was great. Now to ignore thread until Sunday!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Even Typical's posts?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3593012&userid=112694 takes care of that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Krinkle posted:

the goddamn power button because loving christ it couldn't just be on the front and immediately visible like on every tv for sixty years

I have no idea what you're ranting about, but my TV doesn't have a power button on the front and I'm guessing tons of modern TVs with bezels that are way thinner than mine don't either.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

JT Jag posted:

I think that this show would be perfectly capable of doing a (semi) serious overarching story episode. The key is that they do only one or two a season instead of going all the way up their own rear end.

For example... having one of the characters actually be from a different dimension, who reveals that he actually replaced the dead version of himself?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

RentACop posted:

I legit read an argument where the person was saying since we never see Mortys bars wrapper, we can't know for sure his bar had no purgenol

I hope someone punches that person in the face today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Their marriage is trapped in limbo, it makes sense that the same things always come up. They're stuck in it while everyone else around them evolves, and nothing will ever change.

• Locked thread