Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So hows your Vette coming along? Did you get it to where you want it yet?

I remember seeing pics of it in the bartending thread and being jealous :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Das Volk posted:

Right around the time I joined SA I was deciding what direction to take my career, and someone had the foresight to remind me that whatever hobby/interest I chose as a career would ruin it for me.

Same thing here. About ten years ago I was seriously considering going to a tech school and getting an ASE cert, until I joined a forum called FlatRateTech.com and all the members there effectively talked me out of it :v:

I did end up working part time for a Miata specific shop however, and it pretty much solidified my decision not to get into auto repair for a living.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

James Woods posted:

Speaking of overpowered BMW sleeper sedans, we have my daily driver a 1999 M62TUB44 4.4L V8 powered 540i M-SportWagon.

This is interesting because I have toyed with getting a E39 (non M) wagon DD for a long time.

Would you recommend a family with meager earnings and a husband/father that's handy with a wrench own one? They seem super affordable on the used market, but I just don't want to get in over my head in expensive parts or having to take it to a BMW ($$$) shop. I've been considering the Mazda6 wagon as an overall cheaper alternative.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

James Woods posted:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Flat Rate ladies and gentlemen.

It's what sucks about the business, but at least you know now and won't make that mistake again.

Too bad Jags are such a nightmare to work on because I'd love to own one :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

OP is dead or in jail.

• Locked thread