Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Biff Rockgroin posted:

Is that the one with the weird guy who's insistent that they get the rave scene perfect because he used to be a raver before he changed his ways so he knows how they really are?

Yeah, and it also has the guy who super badly wants the scene with the wife leaving her husband of some dude on the Internet and then he kills her. He insists so much it seemed like there was more truth in it than he was letting on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Animal-Mother posted:

I never had the horrified reaction to this movie that so many other people say they had. Seemed like your average churchy kid activities to me. Pretty harmless compared to what Hamas does with children.

All churches pray to a George W. Bush cutout?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
How about something not terrible.

Rolf Forsburg Made a lot of weird experimental religious films, and was pretty drat good at it. Unfortunately they are pretty hard to find. I saw Cinefamily in LA is going to be showing his lost films though.

Here is his acclaimed film Parable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCkqyyBClmU

It's a Christ allegory where the role of Christ is represented as a clown.It was commissioned by the New York City Protestant Council of Churches for their 1964 World’s Fair pavilion, and seemed to be pretty controversial.

I also found his film stalked which can be watched here.

http://matineeclassics.com/movies/1968/stalked/

It was produced by the Lutheran Churches of America. It was about a man who returns to his childhood home to escape his job of being a carnival owner, and to escape god. He returns to his home to find it totally abandoned and is then stalked by Jesus. It was shown at churches to start discussions.

He is a really interesting filmmaker with heavily symbolic religious films, and it baffles me he isn't regarded higher with not only the film community, but religious communities.

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 31, 2014

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The mission is an amazing Christian film with a great Morricone score.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
So I guess the real problem isn't Christian film, It's conservative films.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Also I mean conservative films more in the political sense than the ideological sense.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I always forget that Melissa Joan hart is a right winger.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Alhazred posted:

I always forget that Melissa Joan Hart still exists.

Well obviously so did every one else. That's why she's in God's not dead 2.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DeusExMachinima posted:

2God2Undead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxz-Y-c2UUc

I see it's hitting theaters on National Atheists' Day :smuggo:

I don't even know what to make of this. This is hilarious. You could maybe argue that the first one was kind of subtle, this one just goes full on that there is some government agency of evil atheists who are looking to destroy all Christianity.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Who was Ben Hur for? Fans of the original are in nursing homes, and I don't think kids are flocking to biblical epics these days.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The mission is beautiful and fantastic, and has a Ennio Morricone score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DStecks posted:

Absolutely none of this is in the Bible.

Yeah I feel like most of the stuff about the devil comes more from Paradise Lost and Dante. Because the devil really isn't in the Bible and especially not his origin story.

• Locked thread