Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metrodextrous
Aug 6, 2007

alright dude whatever

i hope ur asshole grows shut
Being raised Lutheran I got exposed to a lot of this stuff. I can back up Veggie Tales being mostly inoffensive early on, and Bible Man, Left Behind, and all the other Kirk Cameron stuff being supremely lovely. Not to mention my 12 year old brain finally getting some perspective when I was taken on one of our many trips to the christian book store and saw one particular book condemning Pokemon and Harry Potter as being tools of the devil.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

This thread is just reminding me of the time I went to see Extreme Days and the theme was done by TobyMac and it was :c00l: as hell.

I also very distinctly remember this being relatively okay. I mean, the first few minutes are on youtube and it just seems like the Early 2000-est movie of all time without offending our dear protestant sensibilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfSi2h-B1NQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrodextrous
Aug 6, 2007

alright dude whatever

i hope ur asshole grows shut

Rhyno posted:

I didn't see a mention of it, did anyone else ever have any exposure to McGee & Me? Some kid would face trials such as LYING TO HIS PARENTS and his little animated sidekick would pop off the page and teach him a biblical lesson to help him not be evil or some poo poo.

I babysat some kids who parents required them to watch one every night so as to instill good values at a young age. Hilariously the husband was loving around on his wife. So much for Jesusy values I guess.

I was catching up with this thread and about to post something related to McGee and Me, an unfortunate (and mostly forgotten until now) staple of my childhood. I don't think they have them anymore, but I know my parents used to have all of McGee and Me on VHS.

The only thing it managed instill in me was a deep-seeded fear of Carol of the Bells thanks to the sequence at 1:01.

• Locked thread