Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Hah, iTunes has the trailer up for a gem called Persecuted set for May 2014 that I haven't watched yet (at work right now, so it's going to remain unwatched for the time being), but check out this awesome blurb:

"Nationally acclaimed evangelist John Luther is the last obstacle in the way of sweeping religious reform in the States. When a U.S. Senator and Luther's own supporters abduct and frame him in the murder of an innocent teenage girl, an unprecedented era of persecution is unleashed. Out on personal recognizance, Luther escapes police surveillance in search of the truth. And suddenly, a once-normal life is targeted by a team of ex-military operatives who wage a relentless campaign to eliminate the incriminating evidence. As evangelist turned fugitive, Luther vows to expose anyone involved with or profiting from the girl's murder; a mission that brings him face-to-face with the coming storm of persecution that will threaten the entire Christian community in America."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Young Freud posted:

Why would his own supporters be part of this conspiracy?

Must be liberal atheist sleeper agents who pretended to support him while biding their time. They even celebrated Christmas, the cads.... The conspiracy runs deep.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

AGirlWonder posted:

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. I'm sure some have been done already, but I'll make up a list and consult with the pastor. We always want to keep it PG-13 or under, and nudity makes things very complicated. (We watched Unbroken, which has a very brief scene in which the nude, male actors are seen from behind. Kids didn't care, but we had to say a million disclaimers.)

Perhaps:
Logan's Run
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
The Day the Earth Stood Still (original - remake in a pinch)

Ooh - and Chariots of Fire

Wizchine fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Sep 10, 2015

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

FreudianSlippers posted:

???????????????????

???????????

I didn't know pastor, priest, deacon, and the rest were Greek words. I mean, he's not basing those terms off a translated version of the bible, is he? Nah.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Uhhh....I...what the gently caress?

So Kirk is doing blackface?! Dude, unless your name is Robert Downey Jr, NO.

I don't see any Asians on that IMDB list either....

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

ObamaPhone posted:

Jeremy Irons never impressed me in any movie he was in.

Have you seen Dead Ringers? That's his tour de force.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

ChickenMedium posted:

How about Reversal of Fortune? He won the Oscar for that.

In his Academy Awards acceptance speech for Reversal of Fortune, he pauses near the end and says, “Thank you also, and some of you may understand why…thank you David Cronenberg.”

There was widespread feeling at the time that he really deserved the Oscar for Dead Ringers, and was rewarded later instead for Reversal of Fortune - a more mainstream film.

Edit: I'm not saying he didn't deserve one for Reversal of Fortune, but he did a fantastic job in Dead Ringers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Hmm I wonder what movies these are supposed to mimic.

I honestly don't know...

• Locked thread