Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Sherwood Pictures has all but quit making films. The brains/power of the outfit is moving on to train other Christian filmmakers.

They were originally put on the map with Facing the Giants, which not shockingly has an undersized quarterback named David on an underdog team facing a team called the Giants. I don't think it had much of a cinematic release - if any - but did very well in video sales. At least it did in the area around Albany, Ga., the church's (Sherwood Baptist's) base.

There are also a megaton of LDS-approved films out there. For some reason, I have a relative who loves the things and brings me old VHS tapes she's picked up and asks me to convert them to DVD. You can make a game out of guessing the release year. That film looks so hazy, it must be mid/late 1980s. Nope. Late 1990s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Jack Gladney posted:

This is the pro-est click. I love that they can't tell the difference between the heroes and villains in any of these kids' shows.

The index listing of "Smurfs are zombie homosexuals" is even better than promised. Oh poo poo, Care Bears are their own religion because they shoot beams out of their bellies and encourage kids to talk to them about their problems.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Pat Boone is famous entirely because he was the nice, clean white boy of rock and roll. He didn't understand Tutti Frutti, but since he was the safe alternative, his version ascended higher on the charts. He also wrote this fantastically cheesy book called Twist Twelve and Twenty that seems to show some obsession with spanking.

• Locked thread