Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

God's Not Dead was disappointing. They needed to cut 20 minutes out of the movie but it was worth seeing for Kevin Sorbo's hilarious comeuppance and the celebration of it. Sorbo was outstanding as Professor Atheist and the Christian characters weren't in his league. The Duck Dynasty guy's cameo showed more charisma than the bland everyman we're supposed to root for.

My favorite reasonable character was the protagonist's girlfriend who saw the professor's challenge as an insane stunt and wanted nothing to do with it. I can't hate a movie with a character repeatedly calling bullshit on its premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

How do you guys think Left Behind is going to do? It looks like even worse garbage than your typical evangelical bait, but even God's Not Dead grossed 60 million dollars, and Left Behind has the name recognition of the novels behind it.
They have the same distributor as God's Not Dead so it should do alright. It probably depends on how much GND was trading on dumb controversy and cameos versus genuine interest in Christian media.

Pat Robertson can promote the poo poo out of a movie if he wants to. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe had as much CBN coverage as Hurricane Katrina.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The best part is this. It might be from The Burning Hell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwPALkRLMzY

Sorbo is incredible. He has a minor role as a local kingpin in the fantastic post-Rapture action film, Black Rider: Revelation Road 3. It's nominally the third in a series but the first 2 are not action movies and you can jump in without being too confused.

Also featuring The Boz!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Rev Road is a great series. 3 is the best but the others make the insane action movie payoff even better.

The series should all be on the Pure Flix streaming service. It's a gold mine of David AR White and weird low budget fodder.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Our old pal and patron Actor fo this Thread David A.R. White is way too pretty to play a grizzled old Vietnam vet.
Grizzled DARW (Dar Dubs if you will) is his best form!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

coyo7e posted:

Was thumbing through netflix and it recommended some stuff based on my watching Revelation Road 3, my favorite being Brother White, another DARW joint, where a pastor named "white" goes to an inner city church to teach the blacks about Jesus. It also recommended Green Street Hooligans 3, which is just a lovely bloodsport-wannabe movie with Scott Adkins, and American Warships, which is about a naval vessel fighting aliens.
My favorite part of Brother White is that the evil landlord wants to replace the church with low income housing.

It's basically Sister Act and there's very little teaching about Jesus involved. DARW is unable to get a prime gig beneath his megachurch boss (Ray Wise!) and forced to accept a job at a dying black church that couldn't figure out how to hold a concert fundraiser.

e: A phenomenal cast of DARW, Jackée, and Reginald VelJohnson with Victoria Jackson and Ray Wise in minor roles.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 6, 2015

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It doesn't help much but the characters in Brother White acknowledge the patently absurd premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

[quote=""Sean Hannity Teams With Kevin Sorbo For Faith-Friendly Movie
"]"It's been likened to 'Ghost' meets 'Heaven Is for Real,' with a dash of 'God's Not Dead,' " Sorbo said of the film.
Fox News' Sean Hannity has delved into filmmaking by partnering with Kevin Sorbo on a movie in which the former star of TV's Hercules: The Legendary Journeys will play a world-renowned atheist whose beliefs are dramatically challenged.[/quote]No distribution yet but they're targeting November 2017.

• Locked thread