Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

zandert33 posted:

Christian here checking in:

Most "Christian cinema" is not good, but I will defend Veggietales, at least the mid/late 90's stuff. The animation was much more crude back then, but it was actually funny and entertaining, now it's just parodies of other stuff and not very good.

When me and my sister were wee tots we loved Veggietales.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A74dEskT6s
I didn't even realize it was a religious thing until the Jonah and the Whale thing they did, though that was probably more because I did not recognise the christian elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

jodai posted:

I distinctly remember hearing a guy on Christian radio pray for the sidewalks to ice over on Halloween when I was a kid, so I'm guessing there's not a bunch of pro-Halloween Christians. Still, in a few years maybe the tradition of trunk or treat in church parking lots will be some kind of notable Christian experience.

Yeah, ultra-conservative christians loving hate halloween. If I had to guess it's probably because it has no real links to Christian tradition and is very "pagan" compared to other holidays celebrated in the states.

• Locked thread