Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

Since I'm from the wrong area of the country to have seen any Mormon films in this style, please share what they're like. I mean besides Battlestar Galactica. :v:

I'm not a Mormon but I lived in Orem, Utah for about 3 months and have seen a couple of Mormon movies. They are, in my experience, pretty low budget, poorly acted, low camera quality movies that are pretty extremely "faithful" (as in, very Mormon-positive, religious type movies, I don't really know how to describe it better sorry). In my experience it almost feels like it's an advertisement for Mormonism, but if you are a Mormon I suppose you will like it a lot better and it will feel more natural to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Awesome Andy posted:

Mormons also take normal films and go through and edit out all the naughty bits and re-sell them, not sure how legal that is.

That's true. I knew an extreme Mormon who as very focused on keeping his mind pure. He was 40 years old and didn't allow himself to watch PG-13 movies. Again, I'm not a Mormon so this frustrates me because you're a grown dude, but if that is your faith, I'm not going to mess with it or argue with it. Be aware though that they do edit normal movies.

• Locked thread