Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Casimir Radon posted:

Now if you wanted to teach kiddies about the Revolutionary War PBS and Walter Cronkite put together a show about 10 years ago called Liberty's Kids.

You should have kids watch this just for the fact that Arnold Schwarzenegger is Baron von Stueben, Ben Stiller is Thomas Jefferson, and Liam Neeson is John Paul Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

The kids are watching this at the beginning of Jesus Camp.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm a minute in and this is already amazing "Scientists say dinosaurs never co-existed with man, how do they know, I mean, were they there?"

The best part is the dinosaur just tickling him because Death wasn't A Thing yet.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
I used to work at a bookstore and I don't think the original cover mentions the fact the father is/was a pastor (it may have said something in the captions to photos inside but I doubt it). Also a lot of the "rules" about the "heaven" the kid "visited" are inconsistent (his grandfather was a youthful man but his miscarried sister is a little girl). The cover and the book itself make it seem like the kid should have barely any knowledge of the stuff as if his parents were agnostic or only went to church every so often.

Also Jesus wears a crown (like honest to God gold pointy thing with gems in it) and rides a rainbow horse which is just loving dumb.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Drunkboxer posted:

I remember turning off Jesus Camp half way through because I found it pretty unremarkable. I watched it around the same time as some mormon doc that was about how the LDS wasn't too keen on gay people which I also found pretty dull. I guess these are illuminating to people who grew up outside of the US?

Grew up outside of the US? If you don't live in flyover country that type of Christianity is really alien to your day to day life.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It's like the paternal equivalent of guys only backing off when a girl tells them she has a boyfriend, since they only respect other men.

Or they know they don't have a shot with her since she's chosen someone else?

Lets! Get! Weird! fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 13, 2014

• Locked thread