Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dante Logos posted:

You may also notice that there are a lot of C-list actors. Two examples are Gary Busey and Mr. T. This tends to be a rather common phenomenon, to show legitimacy for the Christian film industry. Rather than the reality that these actors have to pay the bills too. A gig is a gig after all.

I feel I should point out that both Gary Busey and Mr. T are evangelicals which probably plays heavily into why they show up in these movies. I had a rather surreal experience around a decade ago when channel surfing and came across Mr. T in a Got Jesus? cutoff t-shirt preaching on television. And sure Gary Busey is Gary Busey, but he's been a born again, Promise Keeper Gary Busey for almost 20 years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's also the 2000 version which feels more like a stage production that's also a pretty interesting interpretation of the story and coaxes performances I prefer out of a bunch of the supporting characters like Simon and the Pharisees.

Though really, you're not going wrong with either, both are well worth a watch, and a solid palate cleanser from most of the things in this thread.

Plus hey, gently caress the police:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa8cVnYO3AM&t=176s

• Locked thread