Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

I saw Courageous in theaters, reviewed it for Current Releases and gave it 20/50. I am not proud. If you don't follow that link, I can't stress enough that I was high on Vicodin and sleep-deprived when I shelled out cash for a ticket. Even today, I have no memory of the film besides "bland, vaguely racist, corny...and, yet, kinda entertaining." AGAIN THAT IS PROBABLY THE VICODIN TALKING.

EDIT: I'm not the "HURR ATHEISM!" rear end in a top hat I once was, but as a freshman in college, we got drunk before noon and took the bus to catch The Passion of the Christ on opening day, which led to me almost fighting a redneck in the parking lot. Christian cinema is the best cinema.

Keanu Grieves fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

Dante Logos posted:

Now I just have to throw this out there. Are you willing to review this film sober/slightly inebriated? Like do a play by play of the film? Because I'm curious about what you'll think about the film once you take a good look at it.
Do you really want me to hate the one Christian movie I've kind of enjoyed? Really?

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

Corek posted:

The drug gang there looks like Tobias' "street toughs" in Arrested Development.
Too bad the protags weren't Hot Cops. If they were, I'd probably enjoy Courageous sans drugs.

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

Your Gay Uncle posted:

You should play the RTS Left Behind game. You use gospel singers and youth pasters to convert the forces of the Anti Christ, aka college proffessors and rock musicians.

http://leftbehind.wikia.com/wiki/Left_Behind:_Eternal_Forces
I love everything about this Wikia page: The writing that's clear but not quite up to Wikipedia's standards, the subtle ways in which it demonizes the left ... just beautiful.

• Locked thread