Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
There seems to be a whole mess of terrible metalcore bands that are christian and really popular for some reason. I guess the religion and the straight edge makes all the angry shouting and heavy music okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
David Tibet is kinda nutty though. I mean, he had a revelation (admittedly while high as a kite) that Noddy was a god and wrote an album about it. He makes good music though.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

AGirlWonder posted:

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. I'm sure some have been done already, but I'll make up a list and consult with the pastor. We always want to keep it PG-13 or under, and nudity makes things very complicated. (We watched Unbroken, which has a very brief scene in which the nude, male actors are seen from behind. Kids didn't care, but we had to say a million disclaimers.)

Watch Groundhog Day. It's a fun movie and you get to talk about purgatory if you're catholic or you just about becoming a better person if you're not.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
No but seriously to that person in the church, watch Groundhog Day in your church group. Everybody will like it and there are lots of things to discuss when you're done.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
You forgot the third movie, buddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3XDrgUJeiI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Basebf555 posted:

So its totally cool to show violence like a guy walking into town and mowing down some people with a silenced gun, as long as the overall message is pro-Christian?

I'm guessing he just shots the people that didn't get raptured, which means they aren't really people after all. or something.

• Locked thread