Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
As someone who was a Lutheran as a teenager, this entire thread is really a blast from the past.

VeggieTales was dead-on the highest of the high when it came to Christian home media back in the late '90s. I have no idea what it's like today, other than its still running. But the stuff I watched back then, I dunno, it seemed like a bunch of good things to teach kids (a LOT of it was "don't be a dick to people") from a Christian perspective. The animation also wasn't bad for the time.

Left Behind, wow, that book series was pretty damned popular back then and the movie was seen as a God-send to church congregations. I only saw it once and it was both hilariously low-budget, ham-fisted and overall just...bland. The best way I could have put it is it was like whatever Christian movie production wanted badly to make a big-budget apocalyptic movie on-scale with what was depicted in the books but didn't have the money or talent to pull it off. I never saw the final two movies because, by the time of their release, I wasn't really going to church anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread