Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
When I was a small child, my babysitter, apparently appalled at my lack of Christian upbringing due to being Jewish, decided she would try her best to convert me. So she showed me leagues of terrible, terrible Christian children's videos. I can only remember a few, but most notably was HiTops, a stage play about three angels who go down to Earth High School to learn about fads and shoes with honestly some of the worst musical numbers I've ever heard. Also some kids learn about Jesus by joining a Christian band and wearing shoes?
To be honest, I don't remember there being a LOT of Jesus talk in it. It was mainly focused on peer pressure.

Now the reason this was actually memorable to me is mostly that this whole thing is completely insane, even beyond what you would expect. The angels come in three flavors.

Daft Punk.

Craft Store Nightmare and Space Gandalf.

And then there's the best motherfucker in this movie, Satan, who is some kind of glitter skull-themed Liberache and is the main reason that the babysitter's plan backfired, because how was I ever going to see this guy and not think he was the absolute best. Also every other character is so insufferable that I genuinely wanted him to succeed. He doesn't even really get defeated, he just gets really hosed up on satan booze and painkillers and then just kind of wanders off.

Also God appears as a strobe light that only Space Gandalf can understand.

HellOnEarth fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread