Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
All this discussion of terrible Christian children's shows and none has mentioned The Kingdom Chums Original Top Ten yet?

It's really something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

DStecks posted:

The pinnacle of Christian music, and perhaps Christian media in general:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnzcZj_8DM0

That's not DC Talk.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Snapchat A Titty posted:

That is my favorite part. Literally Yule is attested decades before christianity is known to have arrived in northern Europe. I mean aside from that I know where Santa Clause comes from (his real name being the Yule Man, btw). He is a very big nisse, nisser being the creatures that live in every house lot. You have to feed your nisse, if you don't, they may knock the life out of your cows, and if you keep not feeding your nisse they'll most likely slip a disc on you or something, make your back all crooked.

Wait, so Santa is literally an overgrown Domovoi?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Well, at least one person thought it was pretty great!

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

I don't think anyone that desperate for evangelical ammunition ever saw it, much less took away a christian message from it.

Most people just compare it to the odyssey.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

McSpanky posted:

Now I really wanna see Left Up My Behind, if for no other reason than it would almost certainly be better than the thing it's spoofing (spooging?).

Oddly enough, both feature Nicholas Cage.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

I still really like Jars of Clay, regardless of my attempts otherwise.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Could it be they were actually...good? At least the first four or so albums.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

loving Carman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

basic hitler posted:

It's really not. People i knew who didn't run screaming from secular things tended to be insanely averse to violence on a fundamental level that i couldn't begin appreciate as a later in life convert. It was actually more offputting than the sex aversion when you have people wanting to walk out of a tense scene with a gun in loving north central Texas

You are going to have to rewrite some of that because I can barely parse it.

• Locked thread