Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

ViggyNash posted:

Let me ask this: Did it get you excited? Did it give you a sense of the prevailing themes of the movie? Do you have a general idea of what the movie is about after watching it?

Nope. It did none of that, because there was no actual content or context to it. So it fails as both a trailer and a teaser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

OK, this trailer got me interested. :suspense:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

:golfclap:

I really do wish that movie got a sequel of some kind.

How would you do a sequel to Event Horizon? I thought the ending was perfectly ambiguous.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

second-hand smegma posted:

I really wanted to like Event Horizon, but all I took away from it was this classic gem of 90s stereotyping. The rest of the movie is a total blur.

Haha I had forgotten about that scene. :stonk:

quote:

Also, Sam Neil is a boss.

He's like 50% of why the movie is so awesome.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTr5CjpSp-g

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 18, 2014

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Trent posted:

Causal loops are a real theoretical concept. We are used to cause always preceding effect and our brains are evolved to think that way, but it is theoretically possible that some causes and effects are simultaneous or some cause-->effect motions happen in opposition to the "normal" flow of time as we experience it. This may indeed cause paradoxes like closed loops that hurt our monkey brains, but that doesn't mean it's not true. We can't really fathom infinity or nothingness or the speed of light, either, among other things.

The causal loop in the movie is a good example. there is no "first time" through to the 5d critters any more than your kitchen is "before" your bedroom, they all exist at the same time in different places. sort of.

This thread is starting to remind me of the Terminator one. :tinfoil:

• Locked thread