Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
resource collection seems a bit out of whack. i have literally tens of thousands of metal ore harvested over like five minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEMAG
Aug 14, 2003

You're it.
So it looks like it's time to polish off my old pipe shotgun and cower in my gently caress shack again. I will be happy for the shens to be back again.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Verviticus posted:

resource collection seems a bit out of whack. i have literally tens of thousands of metal ore harvested over like five minutes

I haven't played the new version a lot, but a couple of weeks ago when I popped in for a few minutes I noticed this too. I'd hold off on the Detroit reunion until things are a bit more balanced.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Hey Kiz you should get the whole gang back together and play on reticulated with us!

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

DEMAG posted:

So it looks like it's time to polish off my old pipe shotgun and cower in my gently caress shack again. I will be happy for the shens to be back again.

Unless they fixed it this week the pipe shotgun doesn't have any projectiles so it flashes and makes noise but that's it. Use the Thompson instead, it has no world or player model or sounds so its the silent killer. Just slap a dot on your screen like everyone did for the bow.

Knifegrab posted:

Hey Kiz you should get the whole gang back together and play on reticulated with us!

Oh I plan on playing the poo poo out of this again now. If you guys have a experimental server throw up the IP and I will start playing there. Also I think it's time for a new thread since the experimental is live, title suggestions? I am thinking Rust: Dicks in the wind

Kizurue fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 6, 2014

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?
It's been 9 months since we last played!

*paging Rubbersucky*

May the Monarchy rise again.

How's the rampant cheating these days?

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

Dryb posted:

It's been 9 months since we last played!

*paging Rubbersucky*

May the Monarchy rise again.

How's the rampant cheating these days?

Non-existant. I have yet to see a single person cheating.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
I'm down to help build giant, impractical fortifications and game crashing walls anytime.

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
Let's do this! With a crew we could smash some fuckers walls in no time. A crew of hatchet wielding maniacs.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Kizurue posted:

Unless they fixed it this week the pipe shotgun doesn't have any projectiles so it flashes and makes noise but that's it. Use the Thompson instead, it has no world or player model or sounds so its the silent killer. Just slap a dot on your screen like everyone did for the bow.

Oh I plan on playing the poo poo out of this again now. If you guys have a experimental server throw up the IP and I will start playing there. Also I think it's time for a new thread since the experimental is live, title suggestions? I am thinking Rust: Dicks in the wind

We don't have a rust server but we still have the same mumble as always so we can congregate there.

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006

wilderthanmild posted:

I'm patiently waiting for experimental, which is now main, to become somewhat feature complete. I could really use a good dose of Naked Murder Man Simulator 2014.

Edit: Even with all the other fun things done in the game, the thing I still miss the most is logging to rust and mumble, walking outside and firing off a variety of weapons in short bursts to simulate an attack and listening to everyone freak out in mumble. That and big piles of goons running around quizzing naked noobs.

GOON JUMP

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

Knifegrab posted:

We don't have a rust server but we still have the same mumble as always so we can congregate there.

Post up the mumble info because there was so much drama before I had 4 different mumble servers in my list. I will see about making a new thread tomorrow after work most likely.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Kizurue posted:

Post up the mumble info because there was so much drama before I had 4 different mumble servers in my list. I will see about making a new thread tomorrow after work most likely.

Reticulated Splines
vx38.commandchannel.com

No password.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
I'm down for some cheeky Rust, I'll have to hop on this week. What server are goons aiming for?

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Lord Twisted posted:

What server are goons aiming for?

Everyone's asking and no one's answering. I have a question myself, is anyone else who are playing experimental noticing that your server history list refuses to populate? I lost like 3 hours of progress on saturday because when I went back to the game my history/favorites were nowhere to be found :(

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

thunderspanks posted:

Everyone's asking and no one's answering. I have a question myself, is anyone else who are playing experimental noticing that your server history list refuses to populate? I lost like 3 hours of progress on saturday because when I went back to the game my history/favorites were nowhere to be found :(

Yep the history / favorites is fubared so I just have been using the windows sticky notes to write down a server name when I find one I like.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
Wow am I glad to see this thread has a bit more life. I can't wait to erect Neo-Detroit like some sort of hideous pubby grim ward.

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
So I fired up rust tonight.

Word of advice: watch those graphic options. I have a decent overclock on my i5 and the friggin game overheated my rig. I should have realized when the palm leaves started warping all over the place that it wasn't the game bugging out but my temperatures rising, and I hardlocked about 5m later.

The game is beautiful though. I love the player stance with legs firmly planted on the ground, gives it a nice touch. Some UI/mechanics changes aren't obvious at first but they're nicely implemented so it's for the best. My wife insisted that I craft the bucket helmet, that thing is glorious.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Absorbs Smaller Goons posted:

So I fired up rust tonight.

Word of advice: watch those graphic options. I have a decent overclock on my i5 and the friggin game overheated my rig. I should have realized when the palm leaves started warping all over the place that it wasn't the game bugging out but my temperatures rising, and I hardlocked about 5m later.

The game is beautiful though. I love the player stance with legs firmly planted on the ground, gives it a nice touch. Some UI/mechanics changes aren't obvious at first but they're nicely implemented so it's for the best. My wife insisted that I craft the bucket helmet, that thing is glorious.

Ok, I get those hosed up trees too, and from the looks of it, others on the server do as well. Can it be that all of our computers are overrheating?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I think the dev blog from last week or the week before said there is a bug with Unity 5 and the tree plug-in they are using.

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades
On the Mubmle and connected a server called "US East Never Wipe". New command to F1/console into a server is client.connnect 71.174.251.158:33053.

Bluecobra fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 8, 2014

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

Internet Explorer posted:

I think the dev blog from last week or the week before said there is a bug with Unity 5 and the tree plug-in they are using.

Correct. The trees are a bug being worked on for the next patch. The shotgun now shoots and the Thompson has a model but they messed up the sounds so not the game is mostly silent. Hmm.

Update
We now have a 100 slot server based in Chicago. To connect hit F1 then paste client.connect 70.32.33.90:28055

Also new thread open.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3670456

Kizurue fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 8, 2014

embee
Jun 18, 2004

I played legacy on a pubbie server with some friends. It was a mistake. I will be joining you guys on the goon server this time.

Although we did rule that server with an iron fist.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It's really hard to get started without being murdered by wild animals/other players. I even found a chest full of loot but a lagging naked guy beat me up with a torch :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

embee
Jun 18, 2004

It's not really playable right now anyways.. there are vanishing walls and all sorts of other issues. Rustafied has a pretty good summary. Also the new thread is here, but it's been pretty slow due to the numerous bugs.

• Locked thread