Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Have we finally discovered why you have the beta? The people in the comments wanna know, "how to download game".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That's quite the complex layout. Great job on the developers' part in making it so unique and interesting.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's quite the complex layout. Great job on the developers' part in making it so unique and interesting.
I know! I think this is the first time branching paths have been used this way in a Wily Fortress!

But I think that the devs are watching the LP, and they don't seem to like your generally positive opinion of the game, Sigh.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

drat you weren't kidding about the sprite work in this game, that fortress is drop-dead gorgeous

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
Final Challenge! What game is this screenshot from?

Let's Play Battle Network Rockman & Crystal #10: Zook Man ZX4
(Heavy Sigh, Simply Simon, and dijondujour)

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

And then Zook killed all the gang members in cold blood. The end?

Like that seriously just came out of nowhere. There wasn't even any real lead up to that ending.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't believe such a great series got cancelled. Zook and its epic storyline, unparalleled character writing and great gameplay will live on in our hearts forever~

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the z in megaman zx stands for zook

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
Roll Boss Rush is a 2D Action Platformer that consists of nothing but boss fights and ''''''''sexy'''''''''' Robot Master girls.

You play as Megaman's sister Roll, but not the one from the games, rather, the one from the Ruby Spears Megaman Cartoon because she is taller and therefore better
There are 4 difficulty levels (which only affect how much damage you take). You choose one main weapon (burst because all the rest are objectively worse) and one sub-weapon (vacuum-toaster-saw, none of which matter). You can also now choose between fighting 1 or 2 bosses at the same time (mono-melee) regardless of difficulty level, which is basically impossible without constant bug abuse.

During battles Roll can commit a sex crime on her enemies and absorb their power to use it against them. Roll can even perform some Street Fighter moves if the loading screens deign to tell you about them, such as a drop kick. You also have a super meter that allows you to perform a SUPER MOVE, like in Street Fighter.

Each boss has a weakness, but the weapons are so horrifically unbalanced you won't bother with most of them. At the end of each battle, you're given a grade based upon your performance (with prizes for high ranks that are only useful if you're getting low ranks), an information Token to trade for boss weaknesses, and a Password.

So without further ado: Let's begin.

Roll Boss Rush #1: Shader Support
(Heavy Sigh, Shinryu, Combat Lobster)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Whadda comeback

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm glad Heavy Sigh is here to keep us abreast of all the biggest Megaman fangames out there.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Ramos posted:

I'm glad Heavy Sigh is here to keep us abreast of all the biggest Megaman fangames out there.

Boo! Boo this goon!

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
And we're back with the Magic of Airbrush Tools Vol.2.

Roll Boss Rush #2: MIDI Enabled
(Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, and Jspades)

cambrian obelus
Sep 14, 2010

I've never seen a French woman before!
Soiled Meat
*boin*

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

it's not a PS1-style game if there aren't conical boobs

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
This update right here is how you can tell this game was still actively worked on in 2019.

Roll Boss Rush #3: Geometry Transformation
(Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, Jspades, and Shinryu)

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

I'm kind of surprised the game didn't make a Gutsman's rear end joke.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
Photosensitivity warning for this episode.

Roll Boss Rush #4: Texture Mapping
(Heavy Sigh, Combat Lobster, Jspades, and Shinryu)

cambrian obelus
Sep 14, 2010

I've never seen a French woman before!
Soiled Meat
*boinboin*

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
This video contains PRODUCT PLACEMENT.

Roll Boss Rush #5: Celebrity Endorsement
(Heavy Sigh, Jspades, Shirnyu, and Combat Lobster)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I genuinely have to wonder if the person behind this game knew some of the fights were just unfair and that's why he put an "I win" button in it.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Heavy Sigh posted:

This video contains PRODUCT PLACEMENT.

Roll Boss Rush #5: Celebrity Endorsement

4:20, nice.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I genuinely have to wonder if the person behind this game knew some of the fights were just unfair and that's why he put an "I win" button in it.

Like most things fan game, I suspect there was a lack of testers beyond the single designer and a whole of "fling stuff at the wall because I feel like it." So the designer has played this game enough to know how to perfect it every time but none of that translates over to the typical player.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Going off the creator's own playthrough on the hardest difficulty, you are fully expected to abuse glitches to win.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
This is the part of the game that forced the creator to give up on his original vision.

Roll Boss Rush #6: Sprite Warping

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Glad to see the game found a way to reward getting a high rank.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Combat Lobster posted:

Going off the creator's own playthrough on the hardest difficulty, you are fully expected to abuse glitches to win.

Well isn't that the greatest proof of a perfectly-made game?

Also I wish I had an answer to what happened in that video but it was too much. Just...jesus, this thing.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
Warning: This video contains incredible voice acting.

Roll Boss Rush #7: Offscreen Rendering
(Heavy Sigh, Jspades, Shinryu, and Combat Lobster)

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
SECRET CAMEO in this episode. Can you find him?

Roll Boss Rush #8: Pitch Modulation

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
Merry Christmas, everybody.

Roll Boss Rush #9: Rotation Engine
(Heavy Sigh, Jspades, Shinryu, and Combat Lobster )

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This game has an interesting idea of balance. And by that I mean non-existent.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

This game has an interesting idea of balance. And by that I mean non-existent.

The stages are also trending more and more into actively hostile to the player.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ramos posted:

The stages are also trending more and more into actively hostile to the player.

Yes, which I'd understand as a difficulty curve (if it can even be called a curve) but you can do this in any order you want, so...yeah, I have no idea what the developers were thinking.

I guess "everything is fair because the player can one-shot any enemy with a super"? That's terrible though.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

Soiled Meat
In todays level, we experience the wonders of knockback, as well as the gimmickiest fight in the game!

Roll Boss Rush #10: Clipping Allowed

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Okay, so, this is probably the weakest nitpick with the game but why is every weapon just named after the Robot Master that gives it (except Left Jab but that's an issue in itself) except this one that's P. Barrier instead of just Plant?

Also I'm glad the game was not lying about Guts being her weakness. It's honestly kind of satisfying seeing an enemy in a Mega Man game suffer the spikes for a change.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Oh no there's actually fortress stages?!?!

I'm not ready for Sexy Yellow Devil or Sexy Dragon or Sexy Gutsdozer :barf:

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Bellmaker posted:

Oh no there's actually fortress stages?!?!

I'm not ready for Sexy Yellow Devil or Sexy Dragon or Sexy Gutsdozer :barf:

I'm not ready for Sexy Wily!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I'm ready for Met Mama