Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
That's the problem in states like Somalia, most of the time the state is doing just fine in achieving it's main goal: "let's steal money" "how much money?" " All of it. All of the money."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27289128

quote:

Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau sent a video - obtained by the AFP news agency - in which he said for the first time that his group had taken the girls.

Boko Haram, which means "Western education is forbidden", has attacked numerous educational institutions in northern Nigeria.

In the video, Abubakar Shekau said the girls should not have been in school in the first place, but rather should get married.

"God instructed me to sell them, they are his properties and I will carry out his instructions," he said.

Reports last week said that some of the girls had been forced to marry their abductors, who paid a nominal bride price of $12 (£7).

Wow, what a piece of poo poo.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

drat, wrong small mountainous South African exclave kingdom. I wouldn't have minded seeing Swaziland's king's head roll down the block, anyway.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jonad posted:

In other news, a restaurant in Nigeria has been shut down for health violations serving severed human heads:stonk:

Puts the whole horsemeat scandal in perspective, huh?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SedanChair posted:

I'm aware that cannibalism exists in Africa, but come on. This is a news story that has traction because it gives racists pleasure and smug amusement.

I'm literally half-West African (Wolof). Africa is weird sometimes, dude. Nothing racist about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Zeroisanumber posted:

We were essential in stopping the war between UNITA rebels and the government and we're their principal benefactors. Not quite certain what we're getting out of it, but I know that Angola has a strong mining industry.

Three guesses. First two don't count.

• Locked thread