Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Tiggum posted:

I couldn't even do that. The textbook we used seemed to have just the most absurdly useless vocabulary in it. Unless I'm in a situation where I need to inform someone that a horse has eaten my hamburger, I'm pretty much out of luck.

Feuerwerk? Oh my god, the flashbacks!

I'm not terribly fantastic at German, after learning it for 3.5 years, admittedly almost 8 years ago. My level of vocabulary is greater than my ability to form good sentences, so I would probably end up sounding like.. "Where Prison and How Long Man in it for Big Heap Sentence?' But I am more advanced than "Heh, mein Hamburger!" which is always good.
My mother's half German, but was born in and grew up in Australia and so doesn't exactly get the opportunity to use her German skills. While on a train in Germany, she tried to ask a woman "where did you grow up?" and ended up asking her "where were you killed?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread