Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

RillAkBea posted:

Korean food is delicious and interesting but it's not famously varied in flavor. Sour or spicy, your choice!

You forgot sweet! That is a critical component of korean food. MORE SUGAR! ALL THE SUGAR!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

the black husserl posted:

Uh, I don't think US middle/high schools even teach languages like Korean or Japanese. Though I bet my 9th grade spanish essays were absolutely filled with nonsense phrases :mexico:

The US wins by not trying :colbert:

Two sweetest words in the English language: de fault!

Edit \/\/: I've known people from some boojy areas in the US where they teach Japanese and Chinese. I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood and you could take Hebrew if you were willing to take a bus-ride (so, class + study hall), I have to imagine similar opportunities exist. They just aren't terribly common, which is a problem since learning a foreign language ought be the norm.

Shbobdb has a new favorite as of 05:48 on Dec 26, 2013

• Locked thread