Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I run an ESL conversation group, so the students typically have a pretty good grasp of the language, and our focus is usually American culture. One women, from Russia, said this:

"In Russia, we have tiny apartments and we still dance. In America, you have such big houses but you never dance".

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
On a related note, in my first semester of Russian my professor was letting us pick our Russian names. My friend picked Vladimir, and she asked him if he would prefer the diminutive, "Volva". She didn't understand why we all laughed and he screamed NO.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Er, that "Finish the Story" prompt seems to be dragging up some stuff for your students.

• Locked thread