Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

so I bought an VIOFO A129 Plus Duo, the reviews don't give me the warm and fuzzies, but honestly none of these that aren't in the hundreds of dollars range give me the warm fuzzies:

1. dying in a year
2. capacitors blowing
3. setup not working half the time
4. not being able to read license plates

etc

I'll see if I can set it up myself, I wonder if I can just do the regular install without the parking setup since I can't quite figure out how I would connect such a thing to my Electric Vehicle anyways, and then maybe do the always on setup later?

I'm not keen on buying electronic products that die a year or two later, allegedly should be in tomorrow, and I bought a samsung 256g endurance card to go with it. I just kind of need SOMETHING before i go on my roadtrip next month

I have the same model and it's been great, but it took me awhile to get it there. I got it installed and it worked great for two weeks then started erroring out. I contacted viofo, and they had me run through replacing the SD card 3 times (they kept changing their mind about which were approved) and eventually determined it was the cable between the front and rear cameras, which they sent for free. Of course I had to pay again to get it installed but it's been working great since. The WiFi feature is temperamental but it's easy enough to just pull the card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU